𝐈𝐈 - 𝐈'𝐦 𝐁𝐮𝐬𝐲, 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲.

The rest of the school day was like any other day. It was 3.30 pm the final bell for the day just rang and students were bustling out of the school as quickly as possible, I went to my locker to put my books away, I found Alex doing the same thing. When I was done I closed my locker and then tried to start conversation. "Do you want to go to Leonardo's?" I offered "Yeah, sure. It'd have to be later, though. I have to go to the stables to fix something for Herman." Alex explained, "Yeah that's fine, How about meet me at my house and text me when you arrive?" I asked, "Yeah that sounds good, I'll be as quick as possible." Alex promised. "Okay" I replied

It was now 4.00 pm, and I'd just gotten home from school. My parents were home from work and I could hear my dad on the phone with someone, "Yeah, mhm, that's great. Thank you, you too. Goodbye now." He said while on the phone.
I slipped my shoes off and put my bag down, I went to the kitchen to get something to eat and to greet my parents.
"Hey, hun. How was school?" my mom asked, "Hi, it was okay thanks." I replied blandly while filling a glass with water from the sink. "Is it cool if I go to Leonardos with Alex later?" I asked. "Yeah, that seems fine. I don't want you out late though, and I'm sure Alex's mother doesn't want her out late either." My mum ordered. "Yeah, okay," I replied.
Finally, my dad spoke up, "This is great news, Stace, My work can support the mo-" my dad cut off, realising I was there.
"What is your work able to do, Dad?" I say whilst raising an eyebrow. It wasn't exactly surprising to see my dad keeping secrets, or not realising I'm here. "Can we tell her, Stacy?" my dad said, looking at my mother. My mother then sighed "I suppose we should tell her now rather than telling her later." my mum said. "Okay, what's going on?" I say looking at both of my parents. "Hun, I'm not exactly sure how you'll take this, but we're planning on moving." My mother told me.
I almost dropped my glass. "What. What- what do you mean?! Where? Why?" I asked, frantically.
"It's for the better, I promise." my mum added. "We're moving off Jorvik, There's no good colleges here that aren't equine related, so there's no way for you to get a good education post-high school. There isn't a future for you here, Em." my dad explained. "But I have everything I want here! What about me or what I want?! What about my friends or Alex!"
"We want you to go to college so you can get a solid career, and so will you when you finally mature." my dad said strictly.
"What, So I can grow up and do a boring 9-5 and live a bland life like you two?!" I said raising my voice and dropping my glass while doing so. "We know you're upset but you have no reason to speak to us that way!" my mother asserted, raising her voice back. "Maybe if you two didn't do such a crappy job of thinking about what I want I wouldn't have to!" I proclaimed and rushed to my bedroom, slamming my bedroom door behind me. I checked the time and wondered if Alex would be done by now. The last thing I wanted was to be in the same vicinity as my parents any longer.

👤
Alex 🤓

E] Hey Are you at the stables still?]

A] Yeah there's a lot happening]

E] What do you mean?]

A] Nothing I should go tho ill be done soon I promise]

E] Okay, No worries.]

An Hour Passes, Emmy Gets A Text

A] I won't be able to make it]

E] Bro]
[is everything okay?]

A] [Nothing]
[I'm busy, sorry.]

E] okay? ]

Alex was never this vague on text, is she okay?