𝐈𝐕 - 𝐃𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

It had been a week since me and Alex properly hung out, every time I saw her she was hanging out with Lisa, Linda and Anne. It felt like we were drifting apart. I kept trying to make plans with her, but every time I offered she said she was busy or already had plans. I was losing her. I've known Alex for most of my life, since we were small. We always looked out for each other, we always put each other first. I don't want all that to go out the window, not when I'm about to lose everything. I can't lose her.

School has gotten harder, I've needed to study more for tests, and essays are more frequent. I'm trying to balance school and friendships and I just can't manage it all at once.

I entered school and tried to look for Alex, she'd been getting into more trouble lately involving her little brother James. I eventually saw her getting into trouble with Miss Graham, looks like she had been sent to the library to complete one of Miss Graham's big essays. If that's so, I probably wasn't going to be seeing her anytime today. My phone then buzzed and I looked at the notification.

[ | Alex 🤓 - Miss Graham sent me to do an essay in the library on rocks or smth I probably won't see you today sorry | 9.30]

I tapped on the notification and replied:

[ Rocks? Wtf? Anyway r u free after school??]>

<[ Yeah actually I am Meet me after @ the lockers]

[ Kk have fun w ur rocks]>

Hopefully, the plans we made actually go through, I thought to myself.
It was only an hour until my phone gave off another buzz, I opened my phone to see another text from Alex.

<[ Somethings come up I'm sorry.] √ √

I left her on read feeling disappointed. I knew it wasn't always her fault, people grow apart. That's just a part of life. People mature and move on. But I didn't want to move on. And I definitely didn't want to mature.