Part 4

Strange: Of course.

America: Did you blow it with your Christine?

Strange: Yes, I guess I did.

America: Why?

Strange: Complicated.

America: More complicated than being chased by a witch through the Multiverse?

Strange: Yes, actually. It is.

America: "Gave his life defeating Thanos?"

Strange: Yeah, see? We're not all bad.

America: If other you's dead... Who's master of the Sanctum?

Strange: Oh, shit.

America: You know him?

Strange: Yeah. Mordo. He's actually the first guy who let me into Kamar-Taj.

America: Oh, great.

Strange: And then he snapped and dedicated his life trying to k*ll me.

America: Oh... Great.

Mordo: I always suspected this day would come.

Strange: You did?

Mordo: Yes. Because you always suspected this day would come. My brother.

Strange: All right.

Mordo: Come, and tell me everything... About your universe.

Strange: We go on red.

Mordo: You're quite formidable too, it seems. A multiversal traveler. But thank the stars you brought Doctor Strange to safety.

Strange: Well, just 'cause we jumped ship, doesn't mean we're safe. Our Emma has the ability to conjure demons and monsters to attack America - in other universes.

Mordo: So she has the Darkhold?

Strange: Oh, you know of the Darkhold?

Mordo: Oh, yes. We have a Darkhold in this universe, too. I got it here in this Sanctum. We would never risk a weapon that dangerous falling into the wrong hands.

Strange: Damn right.

Mordo: If your Darkhold is anything like ours, I'm afraid she can do far worse than just summon monsters, to come after you.

America: What do you mean?

Mordo: There is a spell contained within those pages. Corrosive to the soul. A desecration of reality itself. Dreamwalking. A dream-walking sorcerer projects their own consciousness from their universe into another. Possessing the body of an alternate self. Playing puppeteer, this unholy doppelganger, and pursue their enemies from afar. The possession is not a permanent link between realities, but in the fleeting time they dream walk, they can do irreparable damage to the universe they invade. So it may not be a demon that you face. It may be, the Emerald Witch.

America: But, why didn't she do that to begin with?

Strange: Because that was her being reasonable. What do you know of the Book of Vishanti?

Mordo: The Darkhold's antithesis. It can give a sorcerer whatever power they need to vanquish their enemy.

Strange: I need to...

Mordo: I'm sorry, Stephen. But I hope you, of all people, understand... That it is not Emma L/N who threatens our reality. It's the two of you.

Strange: What was in that tea? You son of a b... Sands of Nisanti.

Mordo: I only acted, as you would.

Strange: She is coming. You got me.

Emma 2: Boys, it's time for bed.