Chapter 9

I'm alone with Chan in his room.

"Why haven't you given me a nickname? I heard you call some of the kids by a different name."

"Well, I don't have a nickname for Han, Felix, Jeongin, or Lee Know because they're names are already short and easy. But you want to know them all?"

"Yes, how did you get them?"

"Well, Chang because it's shorter. Hyunjin, I started out calling him 'high-gen', so I started calling him 'high'. Seungmin, I had called 'Sue-ngmin', now I call him Sue sometimes."

"That doesn't explain me missing a nickname. *fake whines* You're just like the kids, only calling me, Chan or Chris."

"I haven't given you a nickname because I like your name. Also, depending on how you act in the moment, I call you all your names, Chris, Christopher, Bang Chan. I rarely call you Bang Chan unless I'm talking about you formally to someone. I call you, Chris or Chrsitopher, when you're doing some 'out of pocket' thing. Your everyday is Chan. "

"You like my name;" he says as he wiggles where he sits.

"Why do you call me, Bambi?"

"Bambi. It's pretty."

"You call me that only because it's pretty?"

"There is further reason but I'm kind of embarrassed to say."

"Just tell me. You been calling me that for a while, and I never knew why. I allowed you to. It's not close to my name and I always wonder. Nothing you could say will make me judge you, I promise. I keep my promises, I came back, didn't I?"

"Okay, I call you 'Bambi' for multiple reasons. The first is obvious, the deer. You remind me of a deer, frolicking around. You also happen to leave suddenly like you're scared of what could be. Two, bambi means night rain, 밤 (bam) means night and 비(bi) means rain. When you came into my life, you were like the night rain I would listen to when I couldn't rest. Then, there's the song by Baekhyun.

"That's beautiful and cute, I'll say but are you saying  'I'm afraid'?"

"You left suddenly. I gave you my number and the first thing you text is that you were leaving."

"I'm sorry, Chan. I didn't know how to react. I was scared of bothering you."

"Scared? I wasn't being too pressy. I wanted you to. All I know is people leaving me. I knew you would leave but before you did, I thought you would think of me or even just say hello."

"I did think you, but I didn't want to be a nuisance to you or the company. I wasn't a somebody back then and still isn't now. They know who I am, and it was thanks to you. I really don't think they wanted me around but put up with me because of you."

"I'm sorry you felt like you couldn't tell me."

"Listen, I'm back now. If I ever leave again, I will come find you."

I scoot closer to him allowing him to come within my embrace. He hugs me tightly and tries not to cry. I stroke his hair out of his face. My body leans into his and we slowly move to lie together on the bed. 

===========================================================================