CHAPTER - 17 BIRLA FAMILY DYNAMICS!!

Birla House....

Abhimanyu walked down in hurry. He was constantly looking into his watch. He is going to get late for a meeting and he absolutely hated it! He moved to the dining table where Arav and Anya are already having their breakfast.

Abhimanyu - Good Morning!!

Arav and Anya wished him in return. He rolled a Paratha - I am getting late guys. See you in the evening. Aju kaha hai?

Arav - Hospital!

Abhimanyu tensed - Vo kal raat bhi ghar nahi aaya na?

Arav shook his head - Vo do din se ghar nahi aaye hai. I am sure he didn't even sleep.

Abhimanyu smiled for the boy - Don't worry. Aaj tere bhaiyyu ghar aayega! 

Abhimanyu kissed Anya's forehead - I will see you in office!

Anya nodded. Abhimanyu kissed Arav's forehead - Don't get into any trouble Aru. Be a good boy in college. I don't want you getting into fights! Clear?

Arav gulped and nodded. Abhimanyu kissed his forehead again and moved out. He called Rohan in the way to make sure everything is ready for meeting. The guys is again overloaded with work. He needed to find a new PA and the thought made him smile!! 

Ajay came out of the surgery exhausted. There was a bus accident and hence the emergency situation in the hospital. He could not even sit for a second in the past 24 hours. He could feel an onset of headache. He needs to sleep. He went to his cabin to change from scrubs.

Prabha barged into his cabin. There was no other way to describe the way she made her entry into his cabin. She made his way to him and handed him the medicines silently. He smiled and gulped the medicines. Those were for his headache! 

Pratibha - Go home and rest Ajay. You have been slogging yourself in the hospital for the past 48hrs. Please go home.

Ajay - Emergency thi yaar..

Pratibha cut him off - We have had it handled yesterday night itself Ajay. I agree you are the administrator, but you need to trust your staff and doctors. 

Ajay felt like palming his face. She rarely ever exerted herself and when she did, no one could talk back. But she is a great friend anyone could ask for. 

Pratibha - Now go before Bhaiyya decides to drag you home himself. 

Ajay rolled his eyes but he knew she is right. His brother wouldn't think twice before dragging him home like a toddler. And he couldn't risk that. He had a reputation in the hospital which he couldn't risk. Just as in cue his phone rang and he rushed outside as soon as he saw the caller ID. It was his bhaiyya. 

Pratibha shook his head and smiled to herself fondly. It had been more than 5 months She has been living with them and she always found herself adoring the bond Ajay had with Abhimanyu. 

Ajay sat in the car and lifted the call connecting it to the car's Bluetooth. His bhaiyya's voice boomed in as soon as it got connected. Ajay winced. 

Abhimanyu - When will you start taking care of yourself Ajay? It has been 2 days you are home. I agree there was an emergency but bacha khud ka khayal bhi rakhna chahiye na...

Ajay smiled when his bhaiyya's voice softened eventually - Gadi mein hu bhaiyya. I am going back home. 

Abhimanyu angry - Stop the car right there Ajay!