CHAPTER - 38 BACK TO ROUTINE!

Abhimanyu got up to take out the medicines while Arav frowned at him - How should I prove that?

Abhimanyu smiled popping out a tablet from the strip - Figure that out yourself Aru. 

He handed the medicines to the boy who gulped them down without fussing. Abhimanyu caressed his face. The innocent eyes staring back at him, had nothing but confusion lingering around. He spoke sitting - For starters, you can call to your principal, or mail him, citing your problem on why you can't attend the college and why he has to approve you for online classes. Start by doing that. You will have do an internship by the end of this semester right?

Arav nodded. Abhimanyu - Socha kaha karna hai? Kya karna hai?

Arav shook his head. Abhimanyu smiled - Great then. Make a list. Think about that as well. Apply for companies, for which you want to work. 

Arav nodded but his silence screamed sadness. Abhimanyu sighed - Kya hua Aru? Udaas kyu hai? Dard ho raha hai? Daant bhi tho nahi raha hu mai. 

Arav shook his head and looked away. For some reason, he wanted to cry. Abhimanyu asked again - Kya hua bacha?

Abhimanyu's patience, his gentle voice, even tone... everything felt distant to Arav. It was almost like, he was listening to a stranger, not his bhaiyya. And he didn't like it a bit. Was his bhaiyya done with him so badly that he won't even scold him now? When Abhimanyu asked him again, with that distant voice, something that shouldn't be used at these kind of situations, he snapped - You are not behaving like my bhaiyya!! 

Abhimanyu was taken aback with that statement. He almost flinched at that accusation. He didn't realise that he should use this new route without making Arav feel like he was stepping back. He actually didn't think about it because he is not stepping back! He is quick to do the damage control - And why is it you think I am not behaving like your bhaiyya, Aru?

Arav looked away. He spoke choking back his tears - This is not how he handles. He should have whacked me by now. Scold me or atleast avoided me giving me the infamous silent treatment. 

Abhimanyu was amused to say the least. The boy looked too cute but also hurt. He need to undo the hurt - Acha?? Aisa karte the aapke bhaiyya?

Arav didn't respond to that. Abhimanyu continued - And did that work? Did you stop jumping from the stairs when he did that in the morning? 

Arav looked back at Abhimanyu startled. That question made him understand it all. He is no kid to make him understand what it meant. He was lost in his thoughts when he felt a gentle whack on his head. He looked at his bhaiyya who spoke 

"You are so used to your bhaiyya's ways Aru. So much that it stopped affecting you. He warned you 2 times in the same day and you ignored him like anything. You started thinking that you can get away with anything and you won't be held accountable, Isn't it? You stopped fearing anything and anyone. It's time I put some fear in you to enforce the ground rules. 

We can't play with our safety! NOPE!!

 I am not letting you play with yours! Get that into your thick skull. You either stay grounded for life or prove it to me that you can be responsible and I can trust you with your safety. Did you get that?"

Arav nodded and gulped. That tone dared him to defy and whine. He was so sad that his bhaiyya was not like his bhaiyya and now that he is behaving the way he used to, he is not liking it. But at any point of time, the later is better and he wouldn't even think about the former even in his dreams! He, for no doubt forced him to change his bhaiyya's ways. Now that in retrospect, he had done the same thing his bhaiyya told. He didn't pay heed to his bhaiyya and now he is paying for it, in leaps and bounds!!