Goodbye

I look at Viciousstar in tears and then run out of the den to the outside of camp. I lay down on the blacktop, crying, why didn't he ever tell me?

Then I see Coolpaw run out towards me and I bury my head in my paws, trying to stop, but I cant. "Coolpaw, we have to leave." he looks confused, "tomorrow in the morning, leaders orders." still confused he lays down next to me, and grooms my ungroomed fur.

It's dark by the time we get up to get back to the clan. "Do we have to?" I ask him, he nods and we start on our way.

I just walk with him leaning on him and head to my den when we get in camp. Coolpaw and I pass out next to each other in the same nest.

There is a cat standing in the misty clearing. I don't recognize where I am when I hear the cat speak in a deep wise familiar voice, "Watch out, the storm that is near will bear down on the blue eyes of a friend and take them away if you are not careful."

I stand there for a moment as I consider this. Is he talking about Coolpaw? He wanted to be called Coolblue, does that mean they will make him blind? Then the figure walks out, "Dad?"

He looks straight into my eyes and nods, I try to walk towards him but he takes a step back, the stars in his pelt moving with him. "Why did you never tell me you weren't my father?" He shakes his head in shame and walks away. "Wait, dad!"

I feel a nudge and wake up to see Coolpaw poking me in the side with his paw, "Hey you awake yet?"

"Yea why?"

"You don't know why?"

I think it over, "oh.."

"I know right, we have to get a piece of prey and leave."

"Fine" I grumble at him, then I stand up and follow him out to the prey pile where I see Viciousstar. I hiss at him with narrowed eyes as I grab a piece of prey and walk away.

"Hey what was that about? He looked devastated after you walked away." I shake my head and look at him with pleading eyes asking him to stop. I slowly et the prey and so does Coolpaw, not questioning me anymore.

We stand at the entrance to the clan and I say my final goodbyes as Viciousstar calls a meeting, "All cats old enough to scavenge gather before me for a clan meeting." Everyone walks out of their dens and Viciosstar looks around tears in his eyes, "Killingpaw is no longer one of us, neither is Coolpaw. I've already spoken to Stormstar, a warrior shall escort them to camp and they are enemies, say your last goodbyes."

The whole clan made noise. I just turned my back on them, and most of all my father, he will never be a real dad to me.