Chapter IX || Wednesday pov: For Whom the Hyde Seeks

"The sanest people I know have lost their minds, including me, apparently. Enid has gone mad with a skull full of curiosity. Lurch was so obedient that he was willing to allow me seek death from someone he barely knew. Bianca was bravely surrendering to my nearly nude ex. I was the one who I was most disappointed in. 

I looked over at the one known as the one in pain, the unrevealed voice, the one covered in what I assume is her own blood. I looked at Bianca, the one known as the one in anger, an unmasked myth, I expected this kind of behavior from her kind. 'Drop the gun.', I said.

Silence fell across the room. 'You can't kill Bianca-' I told him, knowing that she won't be using her siren voice right now. I didn't feel like having conversation at the moment. The one in pain was silently howling with her weak voice. Afraid of being shot, I shuddered and backed away.

'It's not her.' said the one in pain, Bianca didn't look back, she stood in front of Tyler with her hands high up. The one in pain coughed, shots of blood flew out of her mouth, it spattered all over her face. Her sunglasses were crooked, and I could see her blinking white eyes. 'It's not her he wants to kill.'

The surrendering siren glared at him with her beady blue eyes. 'Damn right it's not her, she's just getting in the way.', Tyler said, without switching his target. The gun continued to point at Bianca. She looked at him with a twitch, her lips dropped a gracefully bored expression.

I looked over at the one in pain and took a glance Bianca, the most confident person I know. She wasn't moving a muscle, her arms stayed in place, heavily breathing, she just stood there with her never blinking eyes. I turned my head to the one in pain, her face remained stiff, there were a few holes on her cheeks, it seemed like the blood only recently stopped leaking. She just sat there with her back on the side of the bloody white van.

'Tyler,' I began to speak once again, 'Drop the gun.' I didn't feel like repeating that phrase, but the others had no reason to blame me, I didn't expect there to be anything else to say. And again, I felt stupid, extremely stupid, I wanted to twist my face until I make a perfect spiral. Tyler didn't move.

I looked at him for a moment until he slowly turned his head towards me, the arm holding the gun didn't move, but it might as well have. His dry-as-hell bottom lip lowered, after gritting his teeth, he spoke, 'I have three bullets, Wednesday.' He said as I swallowed my spit, 'And I'm not afraid to use them'. I took a step back.

For the first time in a while, I felt scared, I decided not to move for my own sake. Tyler spoke again, but this time, he was looking at the one in pain. 'I want to make this quick and easy,' he said the second I shivered, 'in your current state, one bullet should do it.' Bianca and I knew at that moment, even if the gun fires at her and she still doesn't die, she wouldn't be going anywhere anyway.

Bianca took a deep breath that could've been her last, she opened her mouth, 'I hate to be repetitive, but, I will ask you again.' She said. Tyler's arm began shaking with rage. 'Who's side are you on?' Tyler didn't respond, I just stood still. I could hear him breathing now. 'I'm not on anyone's side.' He said with his voice breaking, there was fire in his eyes.

'I don't believe you.' said Bianca 'and I highly doubt that you do. The only reasonable explanation for you to not believe in your words is that you choose not to.' Then she did something that took real bravery and courage to do, she took two steps forward. I stared at her in shock.

'Your entire life, you were a pet.' She said as she took another step, 'A pet, I tell you. You were unworthy of being one of the true superiors. People don't believe you when you claim to be human. You are nothing but a dog.' Tyler didn't do anything for a sec, 'Stay back, Barclay.' he said.