Fourteen| Some Type Of Way

Janya had succeeded in making me take her to the mall to do some shopping. I didn't want to go. I had avoided it by all means, but I finally had to because Fadil had made me meet him while Janya was there. I couldn't escape it. She was smiling and I was sure she knew I didn't like that I had to be tricked just so she could get to me.

I had been avoiding her since she got back to Abuja. She had dropped by my apartment several times but couldn't get in because I didn't tell her the passcode and her fingerprint wasn't approved.

I had worn a nose mask. It was our agreement; if she wanted me to go with her then I had to be on a nose mask all through. I wasn't sure I could keep up with it but I had to be invisible to the public.

Janya loved things like these; she loved to be seen with me in public. She loved to draw attention with my presence. She wanted to be on blogs as long as it concerned me. She loved it. She loved me, but I didn't feel the same way.

"Babe, oh my gosh! Look at this dress! I love it!" She squealed and checked the price tag, then carelessly handed it to the shop attendant. I was even shocked she was checking the price tag.

I used my eyes to apologize to the shop attendant and the lady nodded at me, with a tired smile.

She dragged me along with her as she moved down the aisle.

"Okay, all of these is extremely boring. Where's the way to the VIP? Babe, can we check the VIP part? The clothes there range from three thousand dollars upwards, and trust me...the designs are to die for! Oh! There's this Chanel bag that's been on my mind and I heard your shop has it. Also, do you have Marc Jacobs Tote Bag?" Janya asked nonchalantly while I just watched. I didn't even know what to do. I had no idea what she was talking about.

"There's a VIP store?"

"Yes sir, but you'd need the platinum shop pass to access the items at the VIP," the lady replied.

"How do I get the shop pass?" I asked. Janya smiled and held on to my arm, rubbing it in some type of way that annoyed me.

"It's worth ten million Naira sir. I can send someone to you while I pack these things up."

"Ten—"

"We want to get it, obviously, duh! Send someone, and pack those ones too. Thank you," Janya cut in.

The shop attended bowed a little and walked away.

"I'm a rish bish." She laughed.

I groaned as quietly as I could and she turned to me.

"Why are you squeezing your face like that? Babes, you're bigger than ten million or the cheap clothes we bought." She shrugged.

"Janya. Janya this is not how to spend money, this isn't how to spend my money," I said in the lowest tone ever.

"Why are you yelling? You want people to think my baby can't afford it? You're Deen Rayhan. Just take off this annoying nose mask. It's not like you're ugly." She took it off for me. I felt eyes on us. "And you should get back your Instagram account. How do I tag you if we take pictures together? Hmm?" She rubbed my beards.

In no time the shop attendant returned with another shop attendant.
I shoved my hand into my pocket to reach for my wallet, then brought out my debit card. I handed it to them and got approved. We had finally gotten the VIP pass. It was a gold card that had the shop's name beautifully in-scripted on it. Borboleta.

Janya squealed.

"This way please?" The first shop attendant led us through an aisle to an inner room which had a high security door separating it from the other room we were at.