What If Khan DIDN'T Abandon Uzi?

"Dad,"  Uzi gasped, her voice strained.  "Point and shoot, trust me!"

The monster was smiling at him, saliva dripping from its fangs.  Flashbacks of Nori's death filled Khan's visor and his hands trembled.  He glanced down at the gun on the floor.  Would it even work?  His expression hardened along with his resolve.  He lost Nori.  He couldn't lose Uzi too!

Quickly stooping down, he grabbed the gun and aimed it at the Murder Drone.

*CRUNCH*

N left his stinger in Khan's visor for about two seconds before pulling it out.  The railgun clattered to the floor, shortly followed by Khan's lifeless body.

"DAD!!!"  Uzi screamed before grabbed her face and ripped her head off; lifting it up and letting the fresh oil trickle into his mouth.  He felt slightly remorseful, but-

"Whoa, N!"  J's voice came from his right and he turned to see both of his squad members crawling on the ceiling.

"Am I dreaming, or did you do something not useless for once?"  J asked as the girls lowered themselves to the ground a short distance in front of him.

"I've been trying to get past these doors for months.  Nice work, N."  V winked.  (Perhaps only remembering his name because she just heard J say it.)

"You- Me- Name- Remember?"  N suddenly felt flustered.

"These ventilation shafts will make it easy to sneak around.  The Workers won't even know what hit 'em!"  V spread her wings and crouched, prepared to jump.  "Lowest body count eats a missile!"  She leapt into the vents and crawled away, cackling wildly.

"Way to go, stud."  J patted his shoulder in a move that was almost familiar.  "With this colony wiped, we'll make top team this quarter for sure!  You know what that means!"  J sang as she pulled something out of her pocket.  "Branded pens!"

"OOOOO!"  N watched, hypnotized as she clicked the pen a few times before handing it to him.  He glanced down at Uzi and Khan's bodies, feeling slightly sad before shaking it off and following J as she jumped into the vents.

Many good Workers died that day; but on the bright side, N was promoted!

"So, technically, you're all still alive only because Khan was a coward."  N finished his story.  "Which is... concerning."

"Ugh, bite me!  I would've found a way out of there!"  Uzi snapped, crossing her arms.

"Suuure, you would have."  V remarked sarcastically.

"Shut up!"  Uzi chucked an empty juice box at her head.

"Hey, no fighting."  N calmly separated the two girls.  "Besides, the sun's coming up.  We should all get to sleep."

"Ugh, fine."  The girls conceded.

"Good morning, V!  Good morning, Uzi!"  N flew up to the roof of the spire, hanging by his tail so he could power down.

"Good morning, N."  Uzi said, frowning at the ground with her arms crossed.

...

"I still think I could have survived that."

"Oh, for crying out-!  N!  Wait for me!"  V scoffed and flew up to the ceiling to sleep too.

"I mean, I have my Solver powers.  I could have regenerated, right?"  Uzi turned to Thad, who merely exists at this point in the show.  He was still frozen contemplating the horrible truth of N's story.

"Huh?  Oh.  Yeah!  You definitely would've...  cheated death."  Thad rubbed the back of his head.  "Uhh, I should get back.  My family's probably wondering where I am."  (Just like the fans.)

"Sure."  Uzi got up and walked over to the pod.

"Good morning, Thad."

"Morning, Uzi!"

"WILL YOU BOTH SHUT UP AND LET ME SLEEP!"  V snapped.

"Bite me!"

THE END