008. sugar rush

federal bureau of investigation
behavioural analysis unit
criminal minds s1:e10

010.    the popular kids

    the popular kids

"I WAS THINKING

"I WAS THINKING. YOU, ME, A WHOLE LOT OF CRAPPY FOOD AND MOVIES?"

Kayleigh suggests as she and Derek walk into the break room together, mugs in hand ready to refill.

"Spencer, you're the one that tells me to cut back on sugar." Kayleigh looks with wide eyes as Spencer pours at least half a cup of sugar into his morning coffee. An arm wraps around her waist as she watches, her eyes instantly looking up to see Derek smirking at Reid.

"Easy there, tough guy. Have some coffee with your sugar." Derek adds as he takes the pink mug from Kayleigh's hands, filling it before giving it back.

"I need something to wake me up." Spencer mumbles in response.

"Late night?" Kayleigh asks and he nods, looking at her as she fixes her pink headband.

"Very."

"My man." Derek whoops as he pats Spencer's back proudly, watching Kayleigh laugh.

"Not that kind of late night." He corrects as Derek chuckles softly, making his own steaming cup of caffeine with still one arm around Kayleigh, drawing shapes on her waist.

"Okay, so tell me, what does keep young Dr Reid awake at night? Wait, let me guess. Memorising some obscure textbook? No, no, no. Working on cold fusion."

"No, I got it, I got, I got it. Watching Star Trek and laughing at the physics mistakes." Kayleigh clicks her fingers with a smile, watching Derek hum.

"Actually, there aren't that many scientific errors in Star Trek. Especially considering
how long ago it was made. There are certain improbabilities, but not that many outright errors." Spencer retorts and Kayleigh nods, walking away with Derek.