Chapter 1 - Time

Katie's P.O.V

It was almost like in the movies. The girl who almost misses her train, running down the stone steps, her coat catching the wind, her bag falling off her shoulder, as she runs.
I grab the barrier and pull myself onto the train, milliseconds before the doors shut.
I catch my breath, before I look around. Not too busy. I walked to the right, a little spot, in the back. Two tables, taken, side by side at the back, with two sets of doubled seats before them, and two sets of seats back to back with them, facing another double of seats.
I sit to the right, by the window, facing backwards from the trains direction, placing my bag on the seat to my left.

It was 11:42 PM. I wouldn't be home until after three, but it was well worth it. The emptiness of the train set a mood. You could either read a book, or look out the window, listening to sad songs on your preferred music app, and pretend you're in a music video.
The train was only making two other stops, before I was home. I had hours to kill, so I chose the secret third option. Get some sleep.

I took my burgundy faux leather coat off, and placed it over my bag, so it wouldn't be noticeable. Don't want anyone stealing my shit.
I shuffled to an angle, my body turned slightly to the left, while I pushed back against the wall and seat, almost curling in on myself.
My cream coloured faux leather boots protected my feet, my black and white striped flares giving me a Steven Tyler vibe, while I wore red and black striped arm warmers, with a black Def Leppard shirt. My dark hair was in low bunches, with my black and yellow Def Leppard beanie on my head. They were my favourite band, if it wasn't obvious.
My arms crossed over my chest, I shut my eyes and relaxed, after a somewhat terrifying ordeal.

I'm in a group of friends who are all maniacs. One friend, lets call him... Corey Taylor, likes to go ghost hunting, and he invited me along. Usually, when we do this, I'm always with someone, as I suffer with paranoia when seriously spooked, but low and behold, Corey motherfucking Taylor thought it'd be funny to shut me in a room for twenty minutes, that was most certainly haunted... Prick.
Nah, I love him really. He's also married to one of my best friends, so it's whatever really. Just wish I had a heads up.
Now, he's got video footage of me, screaming, telling the ghost 'you have no right to use my body' and not to forget 'you have no power over me'... I'm not going to hear the end of it.

. . .

I was startled awake, by a rocking of the train. I blinked a few times, needing a moment to recall my surroundings. My coat was over my shoulders and my bag was now on the floor... What?
I looked to the two seats opposite me, finding a ghost from my past smiling down at me.
"Sid?" I sat up.
"Hi, Katie." He smiled.
I sat up, folding my coat over my lap. "What are you doing here? You moved to California." The images of the last time I saw him coming to mind.
"Yeah, I came back..." He avoided my gaze, glancing out the window. "I didn't know you'd be here... I was looking for a seat, when I saw you. You looked cold." He smiled softly.
"Why'd you come back?" I asked him, taking him in.
A few new tattoos, his hair was tidier, cut short. He wore a white Transformers top, with a military green jacket, that had his gas mask logo on it, along with black jeans and black trainers. Classic Sidney.

"Decided to leave Cali. I've been doing a lot of thinking, and decided to come home." He shrugged, as if it was nothing.
"Oh, yeah fucking right, Wilson!" I frowned at him, catching some attention from other passengers.
He looked taken back.
"You were begging, practically on your hands and knees, to get the fuck outta Iowa." I frowned at him.
"I can change my mind!" He argued, keeping his voice down.
"No, you can't. Not after the shit you said to me." I wanted to hurt him, like how he hurt me.
"Katie, I'm sorry!" He looked at me.
"No you're not. If you were, you'd never of left the way you did. Do you wanna know how I found out?" I gave him no time to reply. "A fucking text from number four!" Number four being Jim Root, a close friend of both of ours.
Sid tipped his head back. "I was a coward. I'm so sorry, Katie..." He frowned, looking back at me.
I turned to look away from him, not wanting to argue.

The view out the window was dark, nothing much to be seen, unless you looked hard enough.
Sid sat up, leaning towards me, grabbing my hands in his. "I fucked up, when I left you here... You told me you couldn't come with me, and I should of listened, but I was too eager to leave. I understand why you're mad at me, and honestly, I'm just as mad at myself for leaving you. You were the best thing to ever happen to me. I want to come home, because it is where you are. You don't have to forgive me, but at least know how sorry I am. If we never get what we had back, then I'll suffer for eternity with that, but I'll respect it, because I treated you bad... I still love you, Katie." His thumbs brushed the back of my hands.
I looked down at the matching tattoos we had, that we got when we started dating. Small little stitched up hearts, on our thumbs, just before our wrists, on our left hands.
"You didn't just leave me, Sid. You let me go." I frowned. "You didn't call, or text me."
"Jesus, you hold grudges. I know you!" He half smiled.
"No excuse..." I tried not to smile at his words.
He laughed. "The biggest excuse in the book. You'd know. You wrote it."

The train came to a stop. I looked out the window, seeing the next stop was mine.
"Where are you heading?" I asked, turning back to Sid.
"Was gonna go to my parents house..." Sid cringed at himself. "I just packed up and left... In the moment." He shrugged.
"Wanna come back to mine?" I offered him.
"I don't want to put you in an uncomfortable position." Sid took his hands back, looking down at his tattoos.
"Well, your folks are gonna give you a hard time. I told them some shit, after you left." I fessed up.
"You what?" He looked up at me, no emotion on his face.
"What? You left without saying anything to me!" I defended myself.
"Is that why... No!" He shook his head, thinking back to something.
"Your mum still loves me." I shrugged, playing that as a win.
"You minx." He was impressed.
"Your choice." I shrugged at him.
"Alright... Yours it is." He smiled at me.