Chapter 6 - #0

Katie's P.O.V

Sid took my house key, unlocking the door, letting me go in, before he followed behind me, closing the door behind himself.
Mum had left some lights on for me, so I curled up on the couch, hugging a cushion, keeping still and quiet. He came over, sitting next to me.
"Can I get you anything?" He asked softly, placing a hand on my knee.
I shook my head. "No..." I whispered. "You should get the van back to the guys..." I looked up at him.
"No, if they want it, they can come get it." Sid scoffed, shaking his head. "You're wellbeing is much more important, than those fuckers."
I shuffled over, curling up into his side. "Can you stay with me?" I begged him. "I'm scared..."
"I'll stay. I'm not goin' to let anything happen to you... I'm sorry I let Corey drag you off. I should of stayed with you." He frowned at himself.
"It's not your fault." I looked up at him. "Corey's great. I love the guy, just... He's too good at talking me into doing shit I don't want to do."
Sid gave a light chuckle. "Yeah. I know that feeling... Katie..." He trailed off.
"Sid?" I looked up at him.
He leaned down and kissed me, holding me softly.
"I lo-"

"Katie, you home?" I heard my mum, cutting him off.
"Mum!" I got up, running to the bottom of the stairs, giving her a big hug.
She staggered back, surprised. "You OK?" She asked me.
"Corey locked me in a room again." I told her, hugging her neck.
"Oh, why do you let him do that?" Mum asked, hugging me tightly.
"Because it's Corey... We have our ways." She knew how Corey was my twin in a past life.
She huffed a laugh, before she let me go, something catching her attention. "Who's he?" She whispered to me.
I let her go. "Oh, this is Sid." I told her all about him.
"Ah, Sid Wilson. I've heard a lot about you." She smiled, seeing him standing by the couch, showing respect.
"Hi, Ms Sixx. It's nice to meet you. Sorry for just coming in, so late especially. Katie had a fright, so I brought her home." He impressed the hell out of mum.
She looked back at me, with a smile saying 'Jackpot!', before she turned back to the DJ. "Thank you, Sid. Will you be staying for the night?"
"If Katie wants me too." He looked back at me.
"Please... You know what I went through." I bit my lip, nervously, standing by the stairs.
"We're happy to have you." Mum smiled at him.
"I'll show you up..." I motioned up the stairs, for Sid to follow.
"Great. Goodnight, Ms Sixx." He smiled.
"Goodnight, Sid." She smiled back, highly impressed.

I took his hand, taking him upstairs, and into my room.
"I know, I'm twenty three and I still live at home..." I wasn't embarrassed, but Mel, who is the same age as me, has her own place.
"What's wrong with that?" Sid asked, as I shut my door behind him. "Your mum seems great."
"She's the best of the best." I smiled, before Sid got a look around my room.
Some band posters, a few figurines of my favourite Batman characters, a few framed pictures of me and my friends, as well as some polaroid snaps of me and mum on holiday, on the back of my door.
He walked over to my bed and fell back on it, before he grabbed a book off my bedside, seeing it was about dinosaurs.
"Sorry." I took the book, hiding it in a drawer. "I'm a dork... I like dinosaurs."
He grinned. "Hey." He took my hands, pulling me on top of him. "I'm a dork too... Let's be dorks together." He whispered, before kissing me.
I kissed him back, his arms snaking around my waist, my thoughts of the Cyrus Manor forgotten.

. . .

I woke up, a limp arm over my waist, light snores of Sid Wilson, lying still, to my left.
We talked for hours last night, it was the most fun I've had in years. We talked about everything there was to talk about... Mostly what our future would hold.
Sid pulled me close, hiding himself in my neck, my back to him, as I slept on my right side.
I smiled, feeling at peace...
He took in a sharp breath and lifted his head. "Fuck..." He whispered.
I shut my eyes, lying still.
He moved my hair out the way, softly kissing my shoulder. "You awake?" He whispered.
Do I? Nah...
He gave a sigh, and lay back, stretching his arms. "What time is it?"
I didn't have a clock in my room, but the sun wasn't that high yet, judging by a slit in my bedroom curtains.
I wanted to see what Sid would do, so I turned onto my left side, pretending to sleep.

I felt the bed shift, before a light hand ran through my hair, and soft lips planted on my forehead.
"I love you..." He whispered.
My heart started racing.
"Kate?" He asked.
I looked up at him, unable to hide my smile.
He chuckled and pulled me for a kiss, his head propped up in his palm, watching over me.
"I love you, Sid." I told him.
He smiled, deepening our kiss.

Pulling back for air, I stretched out and fell onto my back.
"You know what time it is?" He asked me.
"I don't have a clock... It broke." I told him, before I sat up, looking to the window. "Judging by the sun, it's between ten and eleven." I guessed.
"I'll hold you to that." His arms snaked around my waist, pulling me back into him.
We lay still, holding each other, with the odd kiss and 'I love you' thrown in.
"You really think we'll get our own place?" I asked him.
"Yeah." He smiled.
"Like an apartment, with a snazzy rug, and a coffee table, with a comfy couch, and just everything that is you and me." I smiled. "Like a black and red kitchen... And we can dance to records, and-"
"A sick ass view of the LA skyline." Sid grinned.
"LA?" I asked. "What about Iowa?"
"Well, yeah. At first, but when my career kicks off, and we get good money, we can get outta this place." Sid smiled.
"I don't know if I could ever leave Iowa... I'll miss the snow, and the peace of the spring, and the parties in summer, and the cosy nights in the autumn." I smiled, thinking of it all.
"Well, we can do all that in LA... Just without the snow." Sid chuckled.
"Sure..." I wasn't sure, but it was early days for us to be talking about getting our own place together.

. . .

"Here." Sid gave me a bag, as he took me out to the mall.
I took it, thinking he just wanted me to carry it, but he looked at me, giving a snicker.
"Open it." He smiled.
"Oh!" I smiled, before looking inside.
We had stopped for a late lunch, sitting at a table in the food court, after a day of being spoilt by Sid.
I pulled out an orange and yellow swirl striped box, that had a picture of a retro styled alarm clock on it.
"You got me an alarm clock?!" I smiled, staring at it.
"Yeah... You like all the '70s shit. Thought it'd go well." He smiled.
He spotted my record collection, before we left the house, seeing my taste was very '60s and '70s, as well as the 1980s. I was also wearing striped flares today, giving off a hippie vibe with my outfit... Guess I am a hippie, to be fair.
"Thanks, Sid!" I smiled, looking up at him.
"Anything for you..." He smiled back at me.