ONE

November 1st

                    "6 months Y/N. You have 6 months to complete your mission. The 11th of April STRIX will begin the first phase of our plan. Your flight leaves at 04:00 hours. I know you will not fail. You are our most important and a valuable asset to this operation."

I took a deep breath. "Yes Sir."

"I wish you well. Do not. Fail me. Or there will be consequences worse than the last, do you understand?" He looked me in the eyes.

"Yes Sir."

"You are dismissed."

I swiftly turned around as guards escorted me back to my 'room', which was honestly more of a cell. Once I was back in my cell they locked it back up as always. All I was left to do was reread the same old Assassins and Spies handbook or just stare up at the ceiling. I didn't totally hate it, I mean this is how I grew up.

"Psttt!!" Someone whispered in front of my door.

I ignored it and just continued to lay in bed looking at the blank ceiling and white walls.

"PSTTT!! Y/N!!"

I got up sighing and slowly walking to the door. "Krystal?"

"Come on!! We have to be quick, we can escape tonight" She swiped the card and opened my door.

Krystal was 13, I've known her for most of my life. I did all I could to protect her when she first arrived as a little girl. Not all of us were raised here from birth of course.

"Krystal. What are you doing?"

She smiled. "Let's escape together! We can make a new life for ourselves out there!! We don't have to stay here and suffer." She grabbed my hand.

"No."

Her smile faded. "No? What do you mean no? We have to go now before-"

"I obey the rules. Listen Krystal there's nothing for us out there. We have 1 purpose and that is to obey orders. We are Assassins!! And spies!! The best in the world if that. If we go out there..there's nothing for us. No home. No life. No purpose. We'd be living on the streets doing nothing. But at least if we're here we have a roof over our heads and food to eat." I tried reasoning with the girl.

She frowned. "Im escaping with or without you. I hate this hellhole!!"

It broke my heart to do this...but it must be done. "Guards!!! This girl is escaping!!" I yelled.

She looked at me saddened with betrayal. "How could you!!!" She cried out.

I shoved her away as I turned around.

"ON THE GROUND!!!" A male guard yelled to the little girl.

Krystal fought the guards and tried running down the hall.

Then there was a gun shot.

I felt as if all the oxygen was sucked out of my lungs.

I just killed her....

I didn't think they would kill her, I thought they would just lock her back up in her cell.