Episode 8

Two days later:
Meerab!! Yr jldi karo. Murtasim said while taking his wallet and keys.
Meerab: Haan bs ready hoon Chalo.
Murtasim: College k pehle din hi late hona hai Kya?
Meerab eagerly took her bag and notes in her hand and they left the room.
Maa Begum was having breakfast when she saw them stepping down the stairs.
Maa Begum: Aa jao dono nashta krlo.
Meerab: Maa Begum already late hogye Hain. Mein college se kha lungi kch.
Maa Begum: Agar late ho hi gyi ho Tou 5 min aur sahi. Khali pet nhi nikaltay Ghar se. Bina khaye jaogi tou kese prhogi? Pehle kch khao aa k dono.
Murtasim holds her hand and drags her to the table.
Murtasim: Maa Sahab theek keh rhi hain.
Murtasim took his tea with a toast and Meerab was having toast too.
Maa Begum called out Feena and she brought a tiffin box.
Maa Begum handed it over to Meerab.
Maa Begum: Tmhaara lunch.
Meerab: Maa Begum aap Tou aise de rhi hain jese mein school ja rhi hoon.
Maa Begum: Bhaee bahir k Khanay se zyada acha hai Ghar ka Khana khao wese bhi tmhen suit nhi krta.
Meerab nodded and took the tiffin and both left for her college.
Meerab: Wese mein Bakhtu k Sath bhi aa skti thi. You didn't have to bother.
Murtasim: It's your first day. Mjhe hi aana tha. Anyways take care of yourself and driver and guards bahir hi Hain college k so don't worry and call me if you need anything. Okay?
Meerab: Murtasim ab Tou mjhe bhi lgne lga hai mein koi choti si bachi hoon Jo pehli baar Ghar se nikli hai. What's wrong with you all?
Murtasim: I know tm manage kr skti ho but still be careful. And all the best for your day.
Meerab: Thank you. It was all possible because of you. Anyways I am getting super late so bye.
She gets out of the car and enter in the building. Murtasim kept looking at her until she disappear. He then drove off leaving the car of guards and driver behind.
The entire week passed off real quick. Meerab was so busy with her studies that she barely gets time to step out of her room. And finally it was Saturday. Though he tried his best to reach home early it was still past midnight when he entered the house. When he enters the room his eyes roam around to catch her glimpse and then he saw her half lying on bed with books scattered around. He smiled at the sight. She looks so adorable with her hairs spread on her face. He slowly throw his coat on sofa and bend down to her to pick up all the books. Keeping them on side table he carefully make her lie on bed in a comfortable position. This whole week was so hectic that he can't gets to look at his wife in peace. He was removing the strands off her face when she turns around in her sleep grabbing his hand and sandwiched it between her hand and head. He tried to release it but she groaned in her sleep. Leaving it as it is he sat down at the foot rest and put his head on his upper arm. Staring at her he doesn't know when he dozed off.

Next morning Meerab wokes up to see her oh so handsome right in front of her in a deep slumber

Next morning Meerab wokes up to see her oh so handsome right in front of her in a deep slumber. She look around to realize their position and then look at his hand that was in her hold. She smiles on his cute act. Just so she won't be disturbed he was sleeping at such an uncomfortable position. She gets up and slightly push him to wake him up.
Meerab: Murtasim. Utho
Murtasim: Hmm
Meerab: I said get up.
He gets up to realize the pain in his shoulder and arm.
Meerab: Kya hua Dard ho rha hai.
Murtasim: Nahi boht Maza aa rha hai. Can't you see.
Meerab: Tou kaha kis ne tha aise sone ko.
Murtasim: Tm ek boht uncomfortable position mein so rhi thi so I tried to adjust you but you grabbed my hand.
Meerab: Tou chura lete hath apna.
Murtasim: You know I won't ever do that.
Meerab roll off her eyes at his flirtous tone.
Meerab: Acha ab sahi se let jao. Dard theek ho Jayega. I am going to freshen up.
Murtasim nods and went back to sleep while Meerab went to washroom.
Later at evening:
Murtasim was sitting in lounge enjoying his coffee while reading some wildlife magazine when Meerab joins him.
Meerab: Murtasim Kahin bahir chalen. I swear boht bore ho rhi hoon. Maa Begum and Baba Jaan bhi Gaon gye hain.
Murtasim: Haan chalty Hain.
Meerab: Gol gappay Khanay chalty Hain.
Murtasim: Not a chance. Bhool gyi last time Kya hua tha. I am not ready for another such stunt.
Meerab: Oho ab har baar thori tbyat kharab hogi.
Murtasim: Still I can't take a risk. Wese bhi Maa Sahab was right. Tmhen bahir ka Khana bilkul suit nhi krta.
Meerab: Tm...
Murtasim phone's ringtone interrupted her.
Murtasim: Hello Haan Haider. Jee woh meeting sorted hai.....
Meerab roll off her eyes because now she knows yeh conversation ek ghantay tk chalni hai but she was craving gol gappay so badly. Suddenly an idea popped in her mind. She left the lounge leaving his workaholic husband with his phone call.
Murtasim ends the call and went inside the house to look for his wife. His eyes went wide open when he saw her eating gol gappay while sitting in hall. Bakhtu and Feena were also standing there.
Murtasim: Meerabbbb
Meerab: Oh tmhaari call khatam hogyi. Tm Khaogy? She asked offering him one.
Murtasim: Meine shayad mana Kiya tha tmhen.
Meerab: Haan toh tmhen Kya lga tm nhi le k jaogy Tou mein akele bethi rahungi. Bakhtu Bhai ne bs 10 mins mein mangwa k diye hain mjhe. She said while showing a thumbs up to Bakhtu.
Murtasim showed him a death glare and Bakhtu realize that something is really off. He excused the couple and leave them alone. Murtasim shook his head in disapproval. Meerab kbhi bhi nhi sudhar skti.
Next day:
Meerab was at college when she feels little dizzy. She ignored it for a while until it turns severe and she felt pukish. She run towards the washroom to throw up. Luckily today she had only one class so she was already about to leave. She decides to visit the doctor on her own as if Murtasim and Maa Begum gets to know she's going to be scolded for eating street food. She asked the driver to take her to nearby hospital.
At hospital:
Meerab: I think it's food poison only. I had same thing few months ago but this time I am feeling very dizzy.
Doctor: I think your symptoms says otherwise anyways let us see the reports and we'll get to know.
Meerab nods slightly. It's been an hour since she's there and the doctor made her done several tests. Thankfully she left the college early so it isn't getting late but still the reports aren't there.
Nurse enters the cabin with a file in her hand.
Meerab sigh in a relief.
Doctor: Congratulations Mrs. Khan as I suspected you're expecting. But you need to be a little careful as your blood reports aren't very impressive. I'll recommend you to get some tests done and work on it.
She was saying further but Meerab was stucked at word EXPECTING. Wait what.
Meerab: Are you sure?
She was so happy but nervous at the same time. She didn't even know how to react.
Doctor: Yes I am. But I guess you haven't heard the rest of the stuff. Anyways you still need to visit the hospital once you get all your tests done.
Meerab stood up taking the files in her hands. She looks at test reports indicating positive. She smiles wholeheartedly.
Meerab steps out of the doctor's cabin to find two guards standing there. She rolls off her eyes remembering her husband's strict instructions to them and suddenly her mind clicks. MURTASIM. How am I supposed to tell him this. He deserves to know this before anybody else. She walks out of the hospital and sat in her car. And then her mind gets an idea. She asked driver to take her to a mall.
She came back home holding some shopping bags that she managed to bring it to her room without anybody noticing her. She placed it carefully in the cupboard and went to freshen up as she was supposed to join Maa Begum for lunch.
Maa Begum: Kya baat hai aaj der hogyi tmhen?
Meerab: Jee woh bs kch classes thi.
Maa Begum: Khana Toh theek se khao.
Meerab: Maa Begum Mera bilkul Dil nhi kr rha.
Maa Begum: Haan tm thakk gyi hogi. Chalo theek hai ja k rest krlo Thora.
Meerab nods and left the dining room. She went to her room and call Murtasim but he wasn't picking up. So she texted her.
Meerab: Ghar kb tk aogy?
He replied after few minutes
Murtasim: Stucked in some meetings but try to reach asap. Kyun Puch rhi ho?
Meerab: I have a surprise for you.
Murtasim: I'll try my best then.
Meerab: I'll be waiting.
At evening:
Meerab took out her shopping bags and then took out a box nicely wrap out of one.
She place it on bed and puts a note on top of it. Then she throws some rose petals on top of it. All set.
Meerab: Feena!
Feena : ji Bibi Ji.
Meerab: Murtasim aa gya.
Feena: Jee woh Maa Begum k Sath bethy Hain neechay.
Meerab: Kya meine usse kaha bhi tha k surprise hai and still... She whispers.
Feena: Ji Bibi Ji??
Meerab: Kch nhi Chalo.
Meerab enters the hall to see her husband was talking about some crops revenue with Maa Begum. This guy is unbelievable.
Murtasim looks up to see her staring at him. He then remembered her message. Oh shoot.
Murtasim: Maa Sahab mein fresh ho k aata hoon.
He left the hall with Meerab following him. He stops at his room's corridor.
Murtasim: Sorry. Maa needs to talk about something important.
Meerab: And what about me?
Murtasim: Meerab yrr.
Meerab: Anyways let's not fight today. Let's go inside.
Murtasim was in utter disbelief. She refused to argument. Something is really off today.
Murtasim follows her inside the room and then he looks at the bed that has some gift box placed on it.
Murtasim: Yeh Kya hai?
Meerab: Find it yourself.
Murtasim picked up the note to read it.
For my officially wedded husband. He smiled and took the box to open it keeping note aside. It has a white onesie inside it with some ribbons scattered around. He took it out to read BABA TO BE written on it. He couldn't understand it for a second and when he did he quickly turn his head towards Meerab to see her blushing under his gaze.
Murtasim: Is it what I am thinking?
Meerab walks towards him and whispers.
Meerab: It is not gol gappay this time.
Murtasim took her in his embrace and she could hear his heart beats. He slowly put his lips on her head inhaling her scent.
Murtasim: This is for sure the best gift I could ever received. Thank you so much Meerab. He broke the hug and took her face in his hand and said,
Murtasim: I love you more than you could ever imagine.
Meerab smiles with her eyes shining with gratitude. This man is her biggest blessing.
Murtasim: Maa Begum and chacha Sahab ko btaya?
Meerab shook her head.
Murtasim: Kyun
Meerab: Sab se pehle tmhen btana tha.
He smiled and then take her hand in his and said
Murtasim: Chalo phir btatay Hain.
Meerab: Abhi??
Murtasim: Haan Tou aur kbhi? I literally want to scream to the world that I am going to be a father now.
Meerab laughs at his excitement while he takes her out to announce the news.

A/N:
Yayy the episode is finally completed. Sorry to make you all wait but now I'll try to update more as the story is about to end now. But I have something else in my mind that I am sure y'all are going to love. So keep voting as they are my biggest motivation. Also it's going to 5k reads soon and I just can't believe it. You guys are ❤️.
🫶🫶🫶