Episode 9

Meerab was sitting on a couch for half an hour and Maa Begum was doing the rituals to forbid the evil eyes. Jab se unhe pta chala tha k Meerab is expecting unka bas nhi chal rha tha k woh Kya kch waar den apni bahu pe. Though she never shows in front of her now but she always wanted a grandchild and now her wish is going to be true for real and she can't be any happier. Anwar chacha was also very happy and gave her his blessings.
Maa Begum: Bs ab tmne Zameen pe paon bhi nhi rkhna hai. Sirf aaram krogi tm ab bs.
Meerab looks at Murtasim and rolls off her eyes to which Murtasim gives her an evil smile. He knows that she's getting irritated now but he enjoys the Maa Begum overdose of love for her.
Murtasim: Maa Sahab I think she needs to rest now. Mein room mein le jata hoon isse.
Maa Sahab: Haan beta ab se tmhen iska boht khayal rkhna hai. Bilkul bhi be-
araam na ho yeh Acha!!!
Murtasim: Jee Maa Sahab.
The couple left the hall while Maa Sahab called Bakhtu to distribute the stuff among the needy.
Meerab enters the room releasing a sigh of relief.
Meerab: This was almostt a torture for me.
Murtasim: Sweet torture.
Meerab: Whatever!!!! Btw now when I think about it Murtasim Meri studies ka Kya Hoga. Maa Begum ne Tou kamray se Nikalne se mana Kiya hai. College kese jaongi?
Murtasim walks towards her and bends down in front of her holding her hands in his grip.
Murtasim: Meerab this is not some illness so you don't need to panic about it. You're free to do whatever you want as long as it's safe for you to do so. All I want is your happiness and comfort. Okay!!!
Meerab smiles at his gesture.
Murtasim: Rahi baat college ki Tou don't worry. Kal hum gynac k pass jayengy and discuss krlengy if it's okay for you then I'll take that responsibility or else tm virtual classes le skti ho ya gap year. Whatever suits you. So please relax. And you know it very well that Mein Hamesha tmhaare sath hoon.
He patted her cheek to assure her. She gives him a smile in return.
Next Day:
Maa Begum took Meerab to their family gynac after all her tests were done. Murtasim also accompanied them.

Dr

Dr. Amna: I have seen all these reports and everything is well but your haemoglobin level is low and almost borderline. So for now I'll recommend you to cover it with dietary changes or else you'll need supplements later on that I won't suggest. I'll ask the dietician to prepare a diet plan for you accordingly.
Maa Begum: Haan Bilkul hum poori Koshish krengy k Meerab bs acha khaye aur araam kre.
Dr. Amna: Complete bedrest is also not recommended. Thori boht activity Honi chahiye. Baki about her studies as you asked before she's absolutely okay to do that but still Meerab you don't have to take stress much.
Meerab nods. While Murtasim was little concerned about her blood reports.
At home:
All the staff was in real trouble as Maa Begum assorted everyone's task to take care of Meerab. From her diet to her foot massage she orders them to look after it. Though Meerab enjoys her pampering she find it overwhelming at times. Waqas chacha and Anila Chachi also visited her this morning and they were extremely happy about the news.
It's been a few weeks now and Meerab is now attending her classes virtually though at the beginning Murtasim used to pick and drop her at college as he promised but now she gets tired doing so she decides to go for a virtual course and now she had a perk as Murtasim also helps her in studies as she mostly takes her lectures at night time. Maa Begum is still very cautious about her but slowly she's getting used to it. Even now she's studying in Murtasim s office room when she sees her entering the room with a tray having milk and some fruits.
Maa Begum: Tmne Khana theek se nhi khaya tha naa. So ab yeh jldi se khao.
Meerab: But Maa Begum Mjhe bhook nhi hai.
Maa Begum: Meerab thori thori der mein kch na kch khate rehna chahiye. Yeh tmhaare liye acha hai. Aur fikr mat kro doctor ne Jo chart diya tha ussi mein likha hai yeh Sab.
Meerab smiles taking the tray.
Meerab: par aap ne kyun takleef ki. Feena hoti hai mere pass.
Maa Begum: Arey mjhe Kya takleef. Tmhen aur Murtasim ko Sath dekh k Khushi hoti hai mjhe aur ab Tou iss aanay wali Khushi ne mjhe phir Jawan kr dia hai. Mein Tou bs ab din gin rhi hoon. Mjhe koi thakan nhi hoti bs tm apna khayal kro aur yeh Murtasim Kahan hai. Meine usse bola bhi tha k tmhaare pass Rahe.
Meerab: Maa Begum woh koi call attend krne gya hai.
Maa Begum: Arey yehi Tou waqt hota hai biwi k nakhre uthanay ka aur yeh Dekho office k kaam mein masroof rehta hai. Aanay do mein ache se Khabar leti hoon iski.
Murtasim enters the room when he sees Maa Begum glare at him. Meerab took the fruit bowl in her hand as she is now going to enjoy her favorite entertainment. Her dearest husband gets scolded by his dearest mother.
Maa Begum ki dant boht mazay ki hoti hai khaas kr jb woh Murtasim ko paray.
The poor man was nodding his head only while Maa Begum gave him a speech on how a good husband should act like.
A few months later:
Meerab turned around in her sleep when she found her other side of the bed empty. She gets up to look for Murtasim when she saw him sitting on his resting chair with his feet on foot rest holding one month old Meesam in his arms while she was sleeping sound on his chest. Murtasim head was also fell on the crown of chair. He may have slept too while putting her to sleep. Meerab smiles at the sight. It was their routine since Meesam's birth as Murtasim never wakes her up at night and though Meerab protest at this but he clearly refuses saying she needs more rest now so he will take care of Meesam.
Meerab gets out of the bed to take Meesam and puts her in her cot but while doing so Murtasim woke up.
Murtasim: Arey tm kyun uth gyi? Meesam so gyi hai.
Meerab: Isko mjhe do aur tm ja k rest kro ab. Isne wese bhi uth Jana hai thori der mein dobara.
Murtasim: Nhi I am okay tm rest kro yr.
Meerab: Pichle ek mahine se wahi kr rhi hoon mein. And you are not okay. Dark circles Dekho apne. You shouldn't be sleep deprived too.
Murtasim gives her the baby and she puts her in the cot. Then she took his hand and drags him to bed so that he could sleep too. And he slept as soon as he lie down on bed. She smiles while looking at him sleeping so soundly. She recalls all those times when he was in great trouble due to her mood swings. Bechara kbhi aadhi Raat ko gol gappay arrange krwata Tou kbhi pizza order krta. At times she cries or gets angry without any reason and he still console her though he had no fault in it. She still remember his wet eyes when he hold Meesam for the first time. Or the way he panic whenever she cries. Without any second thought she knew it well that Meesam got the best Father. She was busy staring at her husband when she heard Meesam soft cry. She walks to her and holds her up. Like her father Meesam ka bhi Meerab k baghair guzaara nhi hai....

A/N:
Eid Mubarak to all of you. May Allah accept our prayers and bless us all with prosperity and contentment. Ameen.
So it's a quick Eid gift for you all. Next episode is going to be the last iA. I am so grateful for all the love and appreciation. Thank you ❤️
Also I am going to share a sneak peak of my upcoming story afterwards so please keeps me in your prayers so that I can manage to work on it.
Keep voting and yes it's finally 5k+ reads .
🫶