Episode 6

MEERASIM at Gaon:
The car enters the porch and Maayi welcomes both of them.
Maayi: Assalam o alaikum.
Murtasim: Walaikum assalam
Murtasim walks inside the house where as Meerab walks behind with Maayi.
Meerab: walaikum assalam Maayi. Kesi Hain aap.
Maayi: Mein theek hoon Bibi aap kesi Hain?
Meerab: Mein theek hoon aur gaon mein Sab kese Hain. Naila Kahan hai?
Naila enters the hall where Meerab and Maayi are now settled.
Naila: Salam Bibi Ji
Meerab: Walaikum assalam. Kesi ho ab tm?
Naila: Bs Allah ka Karam hai Bibi Ji.
Meerab: Tm apne Ghar kyun nhi gyi ab Tou Sab settle hogya hai naa.
Naila: Bibi Ji ab mein Yahan rehna chahti hoon. Ghar pe baat ho jati hai phone pe.
Meerab: Chalo behtar hai pr agar Jana ho tou Maayi ko bol k ja skti ho apne gaon tm. Apni family se Milne.
Naila: Jee Bibi Ji.
Maayi: Bibi Ji aap kch lengi chai ya phir Khana banwa lun aap k aur Khan k liye.
Meerab: Nhi aap Khana banwa Len.
Maayi: Jo aap kahen.
Meerab enters the room where they used to stay at this farmhouse. So many memories were made here only. As she walks inside the room she recalls all of them. When Murtasim brings her here after the kidnapping scene, she looks outside the window and the pool area reminds her of that splashy pool fight. She slowly smiles recalling all of it.
Murtasim walks out of the washroom, changed into a new set of white shalwar kameez. He stood in front of the mirror setting his hair and spraying some perfume all over his chest.
Meerab: Yeh tm itna tayyar kyun ho rhy ho?
Murtasim: Mein Tou Roz hi tayyar hota hoon.
Meerab: Roz se do guna zyada hi tayyari hai aaj.
Murtasim: Tou Kya krun aap ki mohabbat mein deewana ban k Kisi mazar pe beth jaon.
Meerab: Nhi mjhpe yeh ehsaan krne ki zaroorat nhi hai. Bs jldi aa Jana meine Khana banwaya hai Maayi se keh k.
Murtasim: Nhi mein Khana kha k aaonga. Tm kha Lena.
Murtasim walks towards the bed to pick up his shawl. Meerab took it from him and said.
Meerab: Tmhen Sharam nhi aa rhi biwi ko Yahan akele chor k ja rhy ho.
Murtasim: But tmhen Tou dar nhi lgta na. Acha listen I am getting late so bye.
Saying he slowly patted her cheek and took his shawl back and left the room with a mischievous smile.
Meerab was left confused seeing his new tactics so she followed him out where she saw him giving some instructions to Maayi and then he drove off.
Meerab: Maayi Murtasim Kya keh rha tha?
Maayi: Bibi Khan keh rhy the k woh Raat ko der se aayengy so aap ka khayal rkhun mein.
Meerab: Pta nhi itni jldi mein Kahan gya hai bta k bhi nhi gya. (Mumbled)
Maayi: Ji Bibi Ji?
Meerab: Kch nhi andar chalen.
Later at night:
Maayi: Bibi Ji aap kch kha kyun nhi rhi?
Meerab: Mjhe bhook nhi hai mein apne kamray mein ja rhi hoon.
Maayi: Pr Bibi Ji.
Meerab walks towards her room. She was getting restless about Murtasim. Uper se phone k signals bhi nhi aa rhy the. Wrna call krleti woh usse.
Meerab: Maybe I am overthinking. Khair abhi woh nhi hai so mein apni studies krti hoon.
Saying she opened her laptop to go through all the recorded lectures Sir Ansari has sended her.
Next morning:
Meerab woke up quite early but she was surprised to see that Murtasim hasn't returned yet.
She walks out of the room where she heard Naila and Maayi talking about something.
Maayi: Tauba hai wese. Itni pyari biwi k hote hue bhi woh aisi jagah jate Hain.
Naila: Haan Maayi. Mera Bhai bta rha tha woh Toh driver hai unka. Mjhe Tou bara Taras aata hai Bibi Ji pe. Unhen Tou pta bhi nhi Hoga. Kitni bholi Hain bechari.
Meerab was now fuming with anger listening to all of this.
Murtasim Khan tm Ghar ao tmhaari Khair nhi hai. She mumbled to herself and walks back to her room.
Maayi: Shukar hai hamare Khan aisi nhi Hain. Woh Tou Meerab Bibi se boht Pyaar krty Hain balkay Sab ka khayal rkhtey Hain. Raat bhi sheru bta rha tha unke kisi admi ka accident hogya tha poori Raat woh hospital mein Rahe uski dekh bhaal k liye.
Naila: Haan Maayi. Bs Malikon k gaon mein hi hota hai aise k mard biwi ko chor k ghair aurat k chakkar kat'ta prhe.
Murtasim enters the house and walks straight to his room.
Meerab was sitting on couch when she saw him entering the room with messy hair and crinkled clothes.
Murtasim: Itni jldi uth gyi tm? Khair mein fresh ho k aata hoon.
Meerab: Kahan the Kal Raat tm?
Murtasim: Maayi ko call kr k btaya tha meine landline pe phone k signals nhi aa rhe the. Unhon ne btaya nhi tmhen?
Iska mtlab Maayi and Naila were talking about Murtasim for real.
Meerab: (Angrily) MURTASIM!!! Tmse na yahi expect Kiya ja skta hai. Tm ho hi aayash.
Murtasim: Aayash! Where's that coming from. Mein saari Raat hospital mein tha kyun k mere Banda ka accident hogya tha so usse le k shehr gya tha.
Meerab: Kya. Par woh Maayi aur Naila Tou...
Murtasim: Tmhen Kya Laga?
Meerab: Woh tm itna tayyar ho ho k ja rhy the aur saari Raat Ghar nhi aaye Tou mjhe Laga k...
Murtasim: k
Meerab: Shayad koi larki hai.
Murtasim laughs wholeheartedly.
Meerab was now so embarrassed.
Murtasim: For real Meerab.
He grabbed her hands in his and looks into her eyes.
Murtasim: Koi nhi hai bs tm ho. Kisi aur k layak chora hai aap ne mjhe. He again started laughing. Meerab was now getting irritated. Aisa bhi kch nhi hua k hansi nhi ruk rhi iski. She mumbled to herself. She released her hands and turn around to go but his voice makes her turn.
Murtasim: Waise jealous ho rhi thi?
Meerab: Jalti hai Meri jutti.
Saying she left the room as she already get herself enough embarrassed in front of him.
Murtasim was smiling seeing his wife possessiveness.

At breakfast table: Murtasim: Aaj ka Kya plan hai

At breakfast table:
Murtasim: Aaj ka Kya plan hai. He said while sipping his coffee.
Meerab: Mjhe gaon dekhna hai. Last time jab aayi thi tb bhi ghumnay ko nhi Mila tha.
Murtasim: Last time aap ne Kafi time ghoom nhi Liya tha balkay mjhe bhi acha khasa ghuma diya tha.
(Both were talking about the kidnapping track)
Murtasim: But Khair hai aaj chaltay Hain.
Meerab: Okay tm thori der rest krlo phir Shaam mein chaltay Hain.
Murtasim: okay.
At late afternoon, Murtasim took Meerab to get a tour of village where he showed her all the fields and farms. Meerab was so excited looking at all the animals and fruit trees at farm. While Murtasim enjoying his wife excitement. She's truly a city girl who has never seen such places before so her excitement is justified.
Then they went to meet farmers and their families. Murtasim was talking to farmers about their problems while Meerab was busy talking with the females.
All the ladies were treating her like a Queen as she was their Khaani. Meerab was so overwhelmed with all of this protocol.
Murtasim smiles looking at her who was drinking some lassi sort of a drink in a steel glass. One thing he truly admire about her was she is so grounded and has no tantrums and never mistreat people. Even Maa Begum never sat like her in between these women and drank something offered by them but Meerab is Meerab and he loves her the way she is.
An old lady comes forward and puts her hand on Meerab's head and give her blessings.
Lady: Masha Allah boht Sohni hai hamari Khaani. Allah aap ko khush rkhe. Hamesha Abaad rkhy.
Murtasim walks towards the field to see the crops while Meerab was at Dera sitting on a charpayi enclose with all the villagers females.
Meerab saw a lady making some brown batter in a bowl.
Meerab: Aap yeh Kya bana rhi hain?
Lady: Woh mein mehndi ghol rhi hoon. Aap k lgaon Bibi Ji.
Meerab nods. The lady opened her bag to bring out so many wooden stencils and showed to Meerab to pick up the design. Meerab was so surprised at her creativity. She chose one floral pattern and that lady dipped the stencil on mehndi and pasted it on Meerab palm. It turned out so beautiful. Meerab couldn't believe her eyes when she saw her hands covered with mehndi. She look around to find Murtasim coming back from fields to her. She stood up and runs to him to show him her mehndi. Upon reaching to him she showed him her hands.
Meerab: Kitni pyari lagi Hai naa mehndi.
Murtasim looks down and lightly held her hands.
Murtasim: It looks beautiful.
Murtasim adjust her dupatta that falls on her shoulder. Even in the setting sun her face was so brightening that he couldn't look anywhere else. She's truly a sight for him.

Murtasim: Ab Ghar chalen

Murtasim: Ab Ghar chalen. Andhera hone Wala hai.
Meerab: Haan theek hai Chalty Hain. But ab hum Yahan aatay rahengy. Mjhe boht acha lga in Sab se mil k. Aur mjhe boht acha Laga jis tarah tm inn logon ki help krty ho.
Murtasim smiled realizing some lady must've told her.
Meerab: Hamesha aise hi krty rehna.
Murtasim: HAMESHA.........

A/N:
So here's the update. I am utterly grateful for your love. Keep voting. Also your comments always brighten up my mood so keep them coming.
🫶