The Little Old Lady From the Isle of Wight ...Not Pasadena

Another incident that  I recall in Italy, though it didn't specifically involve me, was our stop at Pisa to look around at the leaning tower and the nearby Basilica. Whilst waiting to get back on board our bus, a group of young local males circled around our group, eyeing off two young Japanese girls who were part of our tour. They prowled around like wolves; it was really very uncomfortable, especially for these two girls. Finally, a little old lady from the Isle of Wight decided to put a stop to the antics of these lads and waved her umbrella at them wildly, shouting out: Shoo. Shoo. Get away. Guess what, they did move on and then the bus came along, much to the relief of us all. As the words of the song in Little Old Lady from Pasadena say; Go granny go granny, go, go,go.

You probably wonder whether I actually went inside the tower. Well, I did, at least inside the front door; just enough to be able to feel the lean. However, climbing high stairs is not my cup of tea. The going up isn't so bad, but of course you have to go down again and for some reason, I hate walking downstairs, especially on old ones that have likely been trodden on over centuries. I didn't feel deprived that I didn't climb this tower. I saw it and was fine with that.

 I saw it and was fine with that