Epilogue Part 2

Epilogue Part 2

Binasa ko pero may isa akong malaking tanong. 

We are superior beings. Deities of animals. Bakit naman kami magkakaroon ng ganitong... What is this? Hindi pa ba sapat na lower deities kami at wala kaming karapatang makialam sa mga desisyon nila para sa mundong ito?

We were created to protect this realm, exorcise the existing demons in animals to keep them from hurting humans. We cannot interfere any big events and are blocked to divine annual meetings that concerns this world. We don't have our own realm. We live with the humans and even though we have some opinions, our voices are so little.

Then this? We have a curse that a chosen human will be our owner? For what reason? A type of curse? Hindi rin naman sinabi sa research ni Damon. It only says that there is a strong urge to protect our owners.

"Damon, can I ask, why do you want to help me this much? No hidden intentions, just genuinely asking." I said while stretching my back on his chair.

He is busy with papers that I think, it was about the closing bar that's got exposed to authorities because of the ancient deity I sent.

"I always help you this much. And since when did you become a genuine cat?"

"Right now. By the way, I sent that ancient deity there and it really cost me so much."

"I know. Apparently, because of what you did, we found out about the other illegal activities of that establishment."

I smirked, but didn't say a thing. I was waiting for him to answer my question.

"You said it yourself. You don't want it. I will help you. That's it. You don't want to?"

He glanced at me on his left, then proceeded typing some documents. 

Odd, he didn't tell me how important his reputation was and how bothersome for him to just let me do my things on my own so he has to clean up my mess for the both of us.

That's his lines in different variations. Everytime. 

"So... did you find something?"

He paused. I noticed how his hands stopped typing for a second. Then he continued. My lips lifted.

"None yet. But I'm still searching for it, don't worry. For now, you two should be separated. You read the papers I gave you, right?"

"Oh, yeah yeah. I have read it. Where did you get it anyway?"

"Halms gave me that,"

"From that halfling?" I asked in disbelief. Then how is this reliable?

"You know we can't enter any realms without the deity's invite, right? He's the only person I know who can go in and out from that realm without any trouble. I asked Kilubansa about it but he doesn't know anything. Some of the deities that I have accessed with are all busy. Don't worry, I hired asked some of underlings to search more of it."

"Okay, I'll just play around then."

I pushed Halms to the wall and leaned a bit. "Take me to your father. Now."

He nervously laughed and cough a bit. "Come on King, I mean, Damon already gave you those papers right? What else do you want to know?"

"I want to talk to your father." I said. "I have questions that I personally want to ask him. Ilang araw mo akong tinataguan kaya gagawin mo ang gusto ko ngayon."

"Just tell me about it and I'll relay it to him. My father really hates me right now and If I take you to his place without tell him about it, he'll get mad at me."