Chapter 14

_ . _ 

Chapter 14

After the heavy conversation, Samael and Erichthonius left Hephaestus' temple by daybreak. They were guided out by the titan, and the problem with the boulder has been solved by a good negotiation between Erichthonius and Hephaestus, and it was to give Erichthonius his divine permit to his father in order to enter the Olympus freely.

Samael frowned in confliction. "Are you sure you want to give him that? A divine permit is important, just so you know. Without it, you'll be under inspection with the warriors if you try to enter the Olympus without it."

"It's fine," Erichthonius replied. "I can ask my mother to get me another one."

Samael's expression became soured. This is the best way to show that he's spoiled without literally saying it.

"Come to think of it," Samael said as he was deep in his thoughts. "Why didn't your mother never visit you at all? Does she really love you?"

"I don't know if she loves me or not," Erichthonius answered. "From my perspective as her son, I think she's only doing her duty as a mother. That's all."

"I don't know if I should be happy for you or not," Samael replied with a blank expression.

Erichthonius lowered his gaze and replied, "You don't need to respond. I prefer silence in times like these."

Samael scowled. "Well, too bad I don't have silence in my vocabulary. My mouth might be shut in some cases, but my mind will yell instead."

Erichthonius smirked. "I can see how obvious that is when you stare at me in silence."

Samael glared. "This bastard of a king..."

"Your Majesty, My Lord, you've finally returned." The voice of a woman called them when they arrived at the border. Her silver hair and golden eyes glistened as she smiled and bowed to them, "Welcome back."

"Bithia, how long were you waiting here?" Samael greeted.

Bithia answered, "Sister Tacia has spotted you two from afar. But she was then called by the fortress lord for some reason, so I'm the one left to greet you on your arrival."

"I see," Samael replied. "Well, I'm tired. I might as well go to bed."

"Before that, I have a warm bath prepared in your chamber, My Lord," Bithia said with a smile. "I will help you bathe after I talk to his majesty."

Samael watched the two talk about something from afar. Bithia's face was serious as she conversed with Erichthonius. It seems that something had happened to the border or maybe the palace when they weren't around.

After a while, Erichthonius nodded, and Bithia bowed. Samael watched Bithia approach him with a smile as she paved the way for him. "This way, My Lord."

"Alright," Samael replied. When he turned around to see Erichthonius, the young king was already looking at him, signaling him with his hands.

Talk. Later.

Samael nodded before proceeding to his chamber. After his nice, warm bath, Samael sat down on his bed as he stared at the balcony. Though he looks as calm and composed as he's supposed to be, his mind inside is already in shambles.