Chapter 12

I won three out of the twelve hands we played. Personally I thought Rift and Jordan were cheating, that was till I caught Eighty replacing a card. Rift and Jordan began beating on him till he forfeited the game and the rest of his hidden cards. I just sat down and smiled the entire time, glad to be on the better side of the troop than hated by everyone like before.

When we landed, Jordan and the others put in their helmets and grabbed their guns.

"Keep in mind, they will take you into custody till we give them the full story as to what happened." Jordan says to me as the ramp lowers. "So try not to piss anyone off."

"You do realize you are almost asking for the impossible?" I whisper as the ramp hits the landing pad.

Jordan just chuckles and walks down the ramp. I smile a bit and follow, Rift, Yaz and Eighty behind me.

We walk out onto the pad and are met by two other troops of clones, along with two men and a trooper with his helmet off.

"Jordan, welcome back to Coruscant."

"Sir, we've managed to bring back Eve Talinn for questioning." Jordan salutes along with the rest of the troop. I stand there awkwardly as one of the men take a step closer.

"I see this. Have her be brought down to a cell for questioning."

Troopers start to move, but Rift interrupts them. "Sir, Eve helped us when we crash landed on a planet. She acted even though she wasn't required to help us, Sir."

"Is this true?"

I see Jordan nod, but the rest are behind me. So I only assumed they all agreed.

"Very well, Eve will remain in isolation till we get this entire thing sorted out. Commander, escort Eve to isolation."

The trooper with his helmet off steps forward. The blue stripes sticking out on his dull white armor. He salutes and three other troopers fall in line behind him. He turns on his heel and walks onward to the building located behind him. The three troopers fall in line behind me once I begin to follow him.

~~~

Inside the building, I'm escorted to a cell where the door is a ugly orange color. The cell is four walls, one complete wall is a bench with a table near the middle of the bench. The opposite of that is a wall with some scratches in it, along with god knows what else. Some stains blotch each wall, I question if some were due to blood. The last wall had a shelf with some pillows and a blanket on it.

I sit on the bench, and take a deep breath. I can only hope Jordan and the others will get me out of this situation. It would be sad to be convicted of something that I had no clue of.

I grab a pillow, punch in once or twice, and sandwich it between my head and the wall. I glare that the ceiling and begin counting how many blotches and scratches are on the ceiling.

~~~

I'm up to 100 scratches and 50 or so blotches before give up.

"Eve, glad you made it here."

I stand up and the pillow hits the bench. I'm sure no one is down here, and no guard sounds like a female here.

"Eve, I'm right next to you."

I glance to my right and see Lyra next to me, a greenish white glow to her, but besides that she looks fairly normal.

"Good, you can see and hear me." She walks in front of me, and crosses her arms. "Now I need you to get something for me while you are here."

"And that is?" I say to her and she smiles.

"My lightsabers. I had two, and they put them in the library here to preserve them. I need you to get them."