Being with You - Chapter 9

Chapter 9

ZARA POV

Zack send me home right after he finish reading the rest of my article. Even though I was tired, I’m feeling very happy with what had happen at the end of the school today. It starts off badly but ends up beautifully. I have to admit that after one day spending my time with him, I’m starting to feel comfortable being around him. I love his corky attitude making me laugh and sometime glare at him. I have to admit too that he can be very charming and gentleman at times. Maybe he’s right I might be the one begging him to be my boyfriend. I laughed at myself.

Jenny and I have just finished our homework in my room when she asked “Have you got any idea what’s to write on your first article?”

“Yes, I have. I’m going to write something about me and Zack.  I’ve actually has started part of it while waiting for Zack just now. You want to read it?” I said walking to the table where my laptop is.

“Yeah, I would love to,” she responded eagerly.

 Open up the page, I pull a chair for her to sit. “Please comments,” I said to her.

“No problem,” she nodded. Sitting down she reads the article quietly.

“What do you think?” I asked.

“Hmm. Interesting,” she admitted. “Is Cornwell the one who says that you are Zack’s next prey?” she asked looking at me.

“How do you know? Zack asked me the same questions, but I tell him no. He looked like he’s ready to kill someone,” I replied.

“Rick Cornwell has been having grudge against Zack since last year,” Jenny told me.

“Why? What happen?” I queried.

“Well, Rick has been accusing Zack trying to steal his girlfriend. You know Cynthia Canning, our head cheerleader.”

“Really? Did Zack really do that?” I asked not believing what I heard.

“It has been the biggest gossip last year. At that time, I'm not even coupled with Brad yet. I just heard it from Amy. Rick caught Zack with Cynthia alone in a room during one of the party they have to celebrate our football team after they win the championship. The thing is he found Cynthia lying naked on the bed while Zack was full dress and he accused Zack trying to seduce and steal his girlfriend. Funny isn't it?” chuckled Jenny.

“Everyone knows that Cynthia has always been trying to get Zack attention since, forever I think.” she laughed. “But Zack was never interested in her. They said she only used Rick to make Zack jealous but Zack just keep ignoring her as if she doesn't exist. That's why that night I think she can't take it anymore. She's the one who been trying to seduce him, but Rick can't accept the truth. He's so blinded by his love to her. Stupid guy, huh?” she shrugged.

“Rick has made full used of his power on our school newspaper to tarnish Zack reputation, but everyone just don't give a damn about it caused they know who Cynthia really is. You know a tut..tut..” explained Jenny. I laughed when she censored her words.

She then continued, “Rick has been trying to compete with Zack since high school. Everyone in school knows that. Do you know that Zack is always the Top student for his class while Rick is always the second best? Rick was really pissed off when Zack was nominated as our school president while is not. Not a single vote for him at all. However, Zack decline to take the post saying that he wants to concentrate on being the Football Captain,” explain Jenny further.

“However, he still trying to make people see that Zack is the bad guy. That's why whenever he sees Zack getting close with any girl, he will make it a headlines. Letting people know that Zack is a player who changes his girlfriends as often as his changes is cloth. I was actually believed Zack was that kind of guy even though Amy kept telling me otherwise. That's why at first I was quite worried when I know he's been following you on the first day. I scared he might use you like he did with other girls, but Brad has explained to me everything. He only closed with the girls because they have the school project together. That's why I only saw them with him like 3 days or a week. Almost every girl in the school has been dreaming of becoming his girlfriend, but he never shows any interest. They are the one who's making the first move not him. That's the reason why they were glaring at you, caused you managed to get Zack attention. He’s the one who made the first moved and they know they don't have the chance anymore,” she smiled.