𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑    /    𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈❛ what the hell? ❜

❛ what the hell? ❜

STELLA WALKS OUTSIDE to see JJ still in the hot tub. He draws aimless figures in the water while Stella places a couple towels down for him. He doesn't look up when she sits on the edge of the tub. "JJ." He looks up. She bites her lip and rids herself of her clothes until she's left in her swim suit. She gets in and moves over to him.

She gulps as she stands in front of him, looking at his bruised chest. Her eyes meet his and tears gather. "I'm so sorry."

His hands grab the backs of her thighs and he pulls her to sit on his lap. Her hands cup his face while his hold her waist and her cheek. "It's okay."

"It's not." She says. "I should have gone with you. I shouldn't have left you alone. I should have known."

"You couldn't have known, Stella."

Stella shakes her head while tears slide down her skin. "I should've gone with you, JJ. I should have helped. God, this is all my fault."

He bites his lip. "Shh. Stella, none of this is your fault." He cooes and presses a tender kiss to her lips. It seemed as if he wasn't the only broken one.

They press their foreheads together and Stella licks her lips, tasting the salt from her tears. JJ kisses her again. "I'm sorry about earlier. About running off. I shouldn't ha—"

"Don't. Don't apologize, JJ. You have nothing to be sorry for. I should have gone after you. I should have stopped you from going home."

"And I shouldn't have gone back." His thumb grazes her cheek to wipe her tear and he looks at her. "Stella, I... I love you."

Stella smiles and she nods. "I love you too, J." Her arms wrap tightly around his neck and his hold her waist. Their chests push against each other and their lips meet forcefully.

JJ's the first to pull away. "I... Stella, I really want to be with you." Stella smiles. "Will you... will you be my girlfriend?"

Stella's lips turn upwards and creates the most beautiful smile JJ's ever seen. "Yes."

JJ's lips meet hers and for once, everything feels at peace. Everything feels right. It feels like they're right where they're meant to be—with each other, in each other's arms.

Dirt crunches behind them but goes unnoticed. They pull apart at the sound of a voice. "What the hell?"

Their heads snap to the side to see John B standing a few feet away. His mouth is wide and he drops the van's keys in his hand.

Stella quickly climbs off JJ's lap and stands in the water. JJ faces him, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "John B, I—"

"What the actual fuck?" He scoffs.