Revelations and Ice

"Let's start with the top reason! I know you're a time traveler!"

Jake was shocked—how? Even Dumbledore didn't know that about him! Did she read his mind or something? Was magical mind reading even a thing? Jake was really starting to curse his ignorance when it came to magic lately. Things were a lot easier when he was just an ordinary foster kid who occasionally attended some cheap boxing lessons to figuratively punch his stress away.

Serafall smirked at Jake's once again shocked expression. She didn't know why, but she just found teasing him to be so fun. Maybe because it was like teasing a mini Sirzechs who would actually respond to her advances?

"What?" Jake said. "How did you find out about that?"

Serafall smiled at Jake. "Well, you weren't exactly subtle about your existence," she said. "You obviously don't know it, but the name Gremory holds weight in this world. Your older brother is technically one of the top 10 strongest beings... allegedly."

"I have a brother?" Jake asked, surprised at that. "What's he like? Can I meet him?" He was eager to connect with his family, except his dad who apparently abandoned him and sealed away his powers. That guy could go and rot in hell for all Jake cared!

"It wouldn't be a good idea," Serafall sighed sadly as she said that. Jake looked saddened. She and Ajuka figured it wasn't a good idea for him to meet with his family members before he had technically been born. Maybe they were just being paranoid about it, but time travel of the magnitude Jake had undergone had never happened before...ever.

"Why not?" he asked angrily. "Does he not give a shit about me either, like my shitty father?"

"Wait, what?" Serafall interrupted. "We were under the impression that your father didn't even know you existed," she said.

"Huh?"

"No offense, but we kinda assumed you were an accident during one of Zeoticus's various dalliances throughout the human world," she explained sheepishly. "Are you saying that's not the case?" If true, then that would be big news to share with Sirzechs and Ajuka. The fact that Zeo knew that Jake actually existed and still abandoned him would be huge. The Gremory clan is supposed to be all about family, after all. If the other clan members found out that he abandoned his second son to the human world just because he was a half-devil, then Zeo would have his title as clan head stripped from him!

"It's kind of a long story," Jake said as he scratched his cheek.

"Why don't you start from the beginning, then?" Serafall said. "We can talk about your older brother and your father more another day." That seemed like it was going to be a kind of heavy conversation to Serafall anyway...

So Jake began explaining that weird Sunday to Serafall, trying his best to recall all the details of his encounter with the four members of the Hero Squad. When he got to a certain point in his explanation of what Jeanne said about his mother, however, Serafall sputtered in shock.

"Wai-wait just a minute, Jake," Serafall said. "So this Jeanne girl specifically said that you are a direct descendant of Solomon on your mother's side." Serafall was internally freaking out about that revelation. If it was true, then they would need to keep his mother's side an absolute secret, or else Jake would be killed! And if he was killed, then Sirzechs might go off the deep end and start a war with whoever slew his younger brother...

"Umm yeah," Jake explained, "she said it was the reason I was able to wear a crucifix without being burned by it." Jake's explanation sounded like proof enough in Serafall's opinion. She couldn't think of anything else that would let anyone with a drop of devil blood in their veins ever touch a cross without getting scalded.