Chapter 35: Magical Girl

Knock, knock, knock.

After leading Jake through the Sitri Mansion, Sona finally brought him to Serafall's room. After knocking however no one answered. Sona knocked on the door once more, annoyed that her sister wasn't answering.

"Is she even in there?" Jake asked. He didn't see any lights on through the cracks in the door frame. In fact, this whole section of the manor had all of its lights not on and gave off an abandoned vibe. Jake also hadn't seen any maids wandering the large halls in a while. He wondered if Serafall just didn't want anyone bothering her and had them all leave this section alone.

"Yes, she is," Sona said before she pulled her foot back and kicked the door in annoyance.

BANG!

Jake thought that kick was a bit unnecessary, but he was also surprised at how much force she used in it. There was an extremely loud bang as her foot made contact with the door. Jake estimated her kick had the same amount of power as a Bombarda! This girl was surprisingly powerful. He guessed that the door must be magically enforced as well otherwise it should have been blasted off its hinges.

"Go away, Mom, I'm busy!" Jake recognized Serafall's voice calling out from behind the door.

"It's not Mom! It's Sona, and there's someone here to see you-" Sona got out before the door was slammed open by Serafall!

"So-tan! Did you come to cheer up your magical big sister and play dress-up as magical girls together!? I'm so glad-" Serafall's voice cut out when she saw who was standing there next to her precious sister...

"..."

Jake had leapt back just in time to avoid getting smacked by rapidly opening door, and then he took in Serafall's appearance. She was dressed completely in a sparkly pink magical girl outfit. Frills were everywhere, and her hair was styled into anime-styled twin tails. She had definitely taken on a new look since the last time Jake had seen her! He thought she still looked beautiful with her new look, but it was a pretty big change.

"Jake!" Serafall said tearfully at seeing him again. He was back! She had missed him so much!

"Sera..." Jake trailed off, looking at her up and down.

"Yes?"

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Jake asked bluntly.

"..."

"Hahahaha-hahaha!" The two of them looked to the side and saw Sona absolutely losing it over what Jake just asked! "I've been wondering the same thing my whole life!" Sona exclaimed in joy. Finally, someone else was brave enough to ask her sister that question!

...

Jake and Serafall were sitting opposite each other in her room. "Are all devil girls' rooms this messy?" Jake asked her. He looked around, and it seemed that she and Rias apparently had a lot in common. Except whereas Rias had anime merchandise of all kinds scattered throughout her room, Serafall's room seemed to exclusively have magical girl memorabilia.

"It's not that bad!" She pouted cutely. Jake disagreed, but he chose not to vocalize it. He didn't think it was quite as bad as Rias's pigsty, but it wasn't a whole lot better either.

Serafall stared at Jake sitting across from her. She squirmed in her seat for a moment before she leapt up. "I can't take it anymore," she said as she hurried over to Jake and glomped him tightly in a hug. "I missed you so much!" She exclaimed.

"I missed you too, Sera..." Jake replied, hugging her back. He hadn't really been able to spend any real time with her since the Yule Ball, and to him, that was a month ago, and to her, that was over 20 years ago! Jake decided that they needed to go out and celebrate their reunion!