Five

"I can do this alone. I do not need a mate to become Tsahik." Mireya lowly hissed as she helped her mother make ointments of medication for wounds. Her mother kept quiet after that and only guided Mireya with a quiet voice.

The whole day, Ronal led Mireya in training as they prepared for a ceremony for the new baby to connect with Ewya. The ointments for wounds for the warriors were prepared and were given away immediately. But now, Mireya tiredly walked out of her Marui pod for dinner. Huge crowds surrounded the fire already, Mireya had to carefully walk over tails and queues to get to where the food was. Steaming fish with seaweed wrapped around it was handed to her, she thanked them before climbing up a tree and leaning her body against the trunk. Tonight, she sat alone as she stared down at everyone, Tsireya was beside Lo'ak, her head resting on his shoulder.

Mireya smiled softly at the two but never noticing the tear that fell from her eye. She couldn't hang out with her one siblings because they were always around the Suli's. Mireya had never felt so alone in her life. She adverted her gaze to her brother and Rotxo who were sat next to Neteyam and spoke to him and Lo'ak. Kiri and Tuk sat beside each other and Neytiri and Jake were sat behind the girls.

Neteyam looked around and occasionally listening to what Aonung was saying to him, but he was busy trying to find her. He looked up in the trees and there she was, though his smile faltered when he saw her sad face. She seemed to be lost in thoughts as she stared ahead and her food was still sat on her lap. The boy excused himself and took his food with him and carefully climbed the tree.

"Ma Rey." He cooed when he saw her tearful eyes and pulled her body close to his. He took her food out from her lap and placed it on the branch. "What is wrong?" He asked as brushed back her hair soothingly, but Mireya had no words to bring to him. No answer.

"Mireya!" The woman was snapped out of her daze and saw her Mother looking up at her from the ground. Mireya shifted out of Neteyam's grasp and jumped down and looked to her mother. Neteyam grabbed the steamed fish that had now gone cold and looked back down but the two women had already gone.

Neteyam jumped down and grabbed a fresh steamed fish and walked back to the Marui pods where he saw Ronal but no Mireya. Neteyam made himself known as neared the pod and Ronal looked at the forest boy. "Sorry. It's just Mireya never ate at dinner. So I got her fresh steamed fish." Neteyam showed the freshly wrapped fish and Ronal slowly stepped forward and took the food. "I also wanted to say, your daughter has been nothing but nice to us all and helping us when training." When Neteyam got no reply from the Tsahik he bowed his head and went to turn away.

"If you are a true mighty warrior. My daughter will train you as a warrior in Metkayina, learn our rites of passages of Iknimaya make the bond with a spirit sister or brother. But only you can achieve that." Ronal placed her hand onto Neteyam's shoulder. "You are strong. My daughter will train you well."

***

"Neteyam!" The woman jumped over walkways and woven bridges as they bounced under her feet. A smile beaming on her face and never faltering, passing her people and greeting them, talking to the Ilu's that played beneath the bridges.

She landed gracefully before their Marui and watched Neteyam bid his mother goodbye, she clutched onto him tightly and feathered him kisses on his head. Mireya's smile widened as Neytiri finally lets him go. Jake had said something to Neteyam but Mireya could not hear, but whatever it was it made Neteyam's tail flick quickly and his cheeks reddened.

"Come." Mireya guided Neteyam through the busy bridges before diving into deeper parts of the reef. "We must swim the rest. Your tsurak is waiting." She smiled and dived under and Neteyam followed closely behind. His time here, he had picked up speed, growing confident in the water, exploring corals and different species alone, being able to hold his breath for longer, calm his heartbeat, communicate with the ocean and its people, but most of all grow strength in both physical and spiritually.