4 - Sun Wukong

It's been a month since MK has picked up the staff, the Demon Bull Family is a bit quiet at the moment and it's a bit suspicious. However, before continuing with this chapter, let's do a small recap of 'Monster of the Week', shall we? After the clone incident, MK, Mei and Sandy had a sleepover, which got encountered with a bull clone. Then, there was the Calabash... Some sort of gaslighting timeline of the city.. Turns out, two demons named 'Jin' and 'Yin' were trying to capture the boy, can't really tell who's who honestly. Fast forward, the Great Wall Race happened, it was awesome despite the Bull Family's encounter. Lastly, MK had to overcome his inability to focus... by forcing himself to deliver a lot of noodles in one go... and also! Turns out the last location was actually Macaque's place, it was a dojo on top of a mountain near the city. MK was informed that the place will be their new training area, thank god he doesn't have to travel across the ocean anymore. Moving on...

It's been several days since MK had started to train in a new area, which is currently outside of Macaque's dojo on top a mountain near the city. The Warrior had told the boy that his task was to destroy a few pillars, using bare hands. Now, at first MK thought this was normal, but something was off this training... He was more.. tired? Like, he got enough sleep, he had a good diet, his work was balanced well in this life, so what could possibly make him tired? MK was trying to not complain, but knowing how the boy's connection with the Warrior... well...

"ARGHH- WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO THIS LESSON SOOooOo MANY TIMES!? And LIKE. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. IT GETS HARDERrrR-!!!" The younger warrior turned to the other warrior, who was just laying on a hammock between 2 pillars, they were relaxed before hearing the complain, ouch. Macaque opened his eyes and sat up a bit to look at the boy so he doesn't look rude when they respond, "Well, it's to built up strength kiddo! You can't just lay around and call that 'training'." THEY were laying around though.

MK gave a huge eyebrow raise at the guy, and y'know, continued, "...So am I to believe that the 'Almighty', 'All-knowing', Six-Eared Warrior, did this when they started training or something?" He was sarcastic, "Yea." and they were straightforward. Macaque sighed as he got back up from their hammock again right after laying back down on it to look at MK, "You see, point is, the strength's going to be useful in any given battle. It's basically self defense! And we also gotta see what's best in you by pushing your limits!" They shrugged.

"Well- How am I supposed to see the best in me by just strength?? Clearly there's more that that and like- How am I supposed to fight if I'm never going to learn the fighting stuff-?? Like you already taught me the basics of my stance, why can't you teach me more?-" "Because you're not ready." At this point, the Warrior was serious. "What." "You heard what I said, you're not ready. I'm never going to teach you something that you can't even comprehend." Macaque had a dead serious look right before realizing something. Meanwhile, MK was looking at his already bloody hands, doubting. "Oh! While we're here, I actually made some mango tea for both of us! Wait here." Macaque happily walked into their dojo. GIRL COME BACK HERE YOU LITERALLY JUST TRAUMATIZED YOUR KID IM KILLIN Y

MK's fists tighten as the realization turned into anger. Suddenly, the kid received a call, from his bestie!! Mei!! The boy quickly calmed down as he saw who it was and immediately picked it up, just to see a panicked looking Mei on his screen, oh no. "MK! WE'D REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!" She adjusted her camera to show the giant peach-ish white monster completely made out of mist and what seemed to look like bandages wrapped around it, the monster had a huge 'X' for it's eyes and a misty looking circlet around it, the monster smiled widely as it attacked the city. MK was surprised at the giant enemy, he looked up from his phone seeing the dojo and back at the monster. The boy went into his deep thoughts before finally making a decision, which was to obviously, to save the city.

.
.
.
Macaque walked out empty-handed other than having their noise-canceling headphones on, they were aware of what's going on due to his hearing ability while being inside of the dojo. They looked down to see a note left by MK, "Ah, fortunate enough. A note." The note was MK complaining of how they didn't understand the human body and it's needs.