Chapter 2

--Inspection Complete--, is what I'm seeing on a broken TV screen right after I entered back inside the ship.

"Can you announce your complete report to me, Biz? I'll listen instead of reading it."

After three consecutive beeps, Biz replied, "Understood. Announcing File #01 titled, "Salvageable items" in progress.."

All of the undamaged speakers turned on and Biz's voice is booming all around, with the echo being strong.

"Testing, testing. Mic, Mic test," whispered Biz. Though whispering is *kinda* useless since I can still hear its A.I. voice due to strong echo.

Got bored, so I took a quick power nap at my pilot seat to pass time. But it's hard to nap at all because of sudden echoey booms and mic drops (?) from the speakers at any time. But I eventually fell asleep so all's good.

Biz woke me up by making the seat vibrate in a violent matter. Of course, I waked up and stands up, with some jitters all over my body thanks to the vibration.

Honestly, it's annoying how this A.I. tries to wake me up.

"Speaker adjusted. Executing task.. now," Biz started announcing the following items that are still useful:

–Salvageable Items–

20 Packs of Military Rations (unscratched)
10 Liters of Distilled Water (no leaks, unscratched)
57 Large-sized Titanium Sheets (minor damages, still useful)
1 Water Purifier (no damage)
2 Energy Cores (no damage, no leaks)
3 Railgun (minor damages, needs re-wiring)
1 Heavy Missile Launcher (Heavily Damaged. Scrapping of this weaponry is recommended in accordance to the Second Doctrine)
2 AK-74s
30,000 Bullets (AK-74)
30 Extra AK Magazine
1 Silencer
1 4x Infrared Scope
2 Maintenance Tool Kit (AK-74)
1 Universal Tool Kit
1 Revolver
2,000 Bullets (Revolver)
SOLEAR Galaxy Map
1 Night Vision Binoculars

—BEEEP—

"End of Report. Did I meet your expectations, sir?" Biz asked the usual question.

"Yup, as always. Now then, will you help me sorting things out by re-wiring the Railguns and scrapping of the Missile Launcher?" I asked Biz some help in the nicest way possible.

Hopefully, he won't be mad for making him do the hard work.

"As you wish, sir."

Huh, that was a.. fascinating response from Biz. Oh well, time to do my part.

From the report earlier, there are 20 Packs of Rations, 10 Liters of Distilled Water, 2 AKs, and 30K bullets for the AKs. Seriously, how come the ship managed to hold such heavy cargo?

Secret technology, perhaps? Or a hidden cargo bay that even I did not know? Oh goodness, let's not rub it in because it's giving me the creeps.

I asked Biz on the whereabouts of the food, water, and weapons. Out of nowhere, a big vault immediately appeared at the middle of the ship.

"I turned it total invisibility cloak off. This vault has been placed here without you knowing a thing. The High Command observes your movements and noticed that you barely go at the back of the ship so they planned to place it here with the cloak activated and keeping you at bay by conducting the maintenance of the ship's electrical and thrusters system.

I apologize in advance if it is a big deal for you but I must follow orders to never reveal anything about this until necessary," explained Biz while apologizing in the process. Seems like he's very obedient to the higher-ups that it's scaring me, knowing that it's an A.I. because they can be so loyal than humans.

Regardless, it certainly helped me out in terms of basic necessities and self-defense so I bid my thanks to the High Command.

Still, it baffles me how the ship manages to hold such very heavy cargo all this time.

Eh, what the heck. I need to see the inside of the vault for confirmation.

"Can you open the vault, please?" I asked Biz. Please say yes..

"Understood. Opening the Vault Door. Please wait for a few seconds," Biz responded. Now, I wait.

And with the Vault now unlocked, all of what Biz said in the report is indeed true.

The food, water, weapons, tool kits, and ammunition are all in there safe and sound.

"Your report is very accurate for a change. Good Job," I applauded Biz.

All I heard next were continuous beeping all over the ship. Guess it's very happy, I guess (?).

Now then, time to take a closer look at 'em. Hopefully, every single one of them is unscratched after the scratch.

End of Chapter 2