Chapter 7: Who Is Seven's Boss ?

They all walked back to the garden, then were walking towards the room left of the reception area. "So. We need to find a computer." Kate said. "Why?" Jake asked. "We need to research about Seven's boss, so I was thinking maybe a Laminax computer would have information." Kate replied. They walked into that circular room, then past the small garden area, and into a weird research area. There was a viewing platform up above, and a computer on a desk to their right. "Just what I need." Kate said. She then sat down on the chair, wiping the dust off of the unused computer. "Where is the power button? this thing is old..." Kate asked. "I don't know." Jake said while shrugging. She found the on button, and the computer booted up. To their surprise, there was no password. This computer was old. I mean- really old. It was an apple two. She moved the mouse around, and it was actually working. There was a black screen. And text appeared. "Hello. Welcome to the Laminax Labs computer. What would you like to access?"  Kate then typed in "Information".   "Accessing..."   The computer opened up more stuff. There were lots of words. She scrolled down to the very bottom, to find the section about the special response team. She clicked on it. It then showed more text saying "The Laminax Special Response team is a long term team that is meant to contain gootraxians in a very dangerous situation. Most likely after the facility is overrun by gootraxians."   "Alright.." Kate said while reading carefully. Then more text appeared. "The current boss of the special response team is Kelly Becker. She is 43 years old as of now."  "Alright..." Kate said while reading the text. "So apparently a woman named Kelly Becker bosses the special response team around. That was easy." Kate said while turning the chair around to face the gootraxian group. "And anyone can access that computer?" Jake asked. "I mean, I just did, so that answers your question." Kate responded. "Funny her name starts with 'K'." Sol said. "Is it because Kelly and Kate are similar names?" Kate asked. "Yeah." Sol answered. "Anyways, let's get a move on." Panther said. "Where do we even go?" Kate asked. "I don't know, that's the thing." Panther replied. Kate got out of the chair, and started walking back to the garden. "Sleep?" Kate asked. "Sure." Jake replied. They went into the garden, Kate then set her backpack down next to her sleeping bag, and fell asleep. "You keeping watch again?" Jake asked Protogen. "Yeah." Protogen replied. Panther sat next to the tree and fell asleep, along with Sol and Jake. "Well they fell asleep fast." Protogen said to himself quietly.

The Next Day

Kate woke up first. She then yawned. "Well, I see you're awake." Protogen said watching Kate wake up. "Yeah..." Kate said in a tired voice. "Hungry?" Protogen asked. "Yeah..." Kate responded. "Alright, let's go to the cafeteria then." Protogen said. Kate put on her backpack, following Protogen to the cafeteria. A minute later they made it there. Kate sat down on a table, grabbing a burger. It had ((Lettuce mayo pickle ketchup it's okay if I don't want that impossible or bacon whopper any whopper my way)) the burger had bison, pickles, and lettuce. "Ooh, bison burger." Kate said. "Don't know what that is, but okay." Protogen said. "I was talking to myself..." Kate responded. "Oh okay." Protogen said. "Are you hungry?" Kate asked. "I don't need to eat anything, I'm A robot gootraxian sort of thing." Protogen responded. "Oh alright." Kate said. She took a bite out of the bison burger. "Wow! This is...warm?" Kate said. "Warm? How can the food here be warm? That doesn't make sense unless someone is making them." Protogen responded. "Yeah, it doesn't make sense." Kate said. She finished the bison burger and walked over to the bathroom. "Where you going?" Protogen asked. "Bathroom. I need to wash my hands." Kate said. "Alright, just uh- don't use too much soap." Protogen responded. "Okay." Kate said. She walked to the sink, rinsed her hands, put soap on her hands, and rinsed the soap off. She then walked out of the bathroom with soaking wet hands. "No towels." Kate said. "You're not using me as a towel. I'm just here to make sure you don't die." Protogen responded. "Oh, I wasn't even thinking about that." Kate said. "Good." Protogen said. Someone then popped up from the kitchen counter. "JESUS!" Kate said while jumping. "You scared me!" Kate exclaimed. "Oh- sorry." They seemed to look like a chocolate ice cream gootraxian. It was Christina from the previous book. "Oh, I thought you were someone else." Christina said. "What's your name?" Kate asked. "My name is Christina."   "My name's Kate."   "Hello. My name is Protogen."   "Nice to meet you." Christina said with a smile on her face. "I was hoping a guy by the name of Jake would be here." Christina said. "I know him." Kate said. "You do?" Christina asked. "Yeah." Kate responded. "Oh, well I'll just stay here at the cafeteria." Christina said. "Okay, goodbye." Kate said. Kate and Protogen walked towards the garden to where the others are. Everyone was wide awake. "Kate, Protogen!" We were worried about you!" Jake exclaimed. "Sorry...I had to go get something to eat." Kate said. "Understandable." Jake responded.