Don't Be Afraid

When we entered the school after getting out of the car, Sıla saw me and hugged me tightly, as if she hadn't seen me in years. In that moment, I knew that Sıla would be my closest friend.

"I feel like I'm drowning..." I whispered softly.

"Oh... Sorry, are you okay?" she quickly let go of the hug.

I nodded my head and said, "I'm fine."

"Where have you been? You've been missing for days! I was really worried, people should let others know..." she said, hugging me again.

I smiled and returned her hug. When she let go of me, her eyes went to the bruise on my face.

"It's nothing, let's go."

Looking around, I realized that Ateş was nowhere to be seen. Ignoring it, I walked to school arm in arm with Sıla. While she was telling me about what happened at school in my absence, I listened, pretending to care... or at least trying to.

When we entered the classroom, Bora had taken our seats, and his friends had surrounded him, occupying our spots. I walked towards where they were. Sıla touched my arm, showing some nervousness but no fear in her eyes. I winked at her and continued forward.

"Well, well, well... Look who's here!?" Bora said.

I stood in front of him for a moment, maintaining a serious expression. Then I smiled and said, "Could you please move from my seat?"

"I don't know, should I?" he said smugly. His friends around him were laughing at us.

"Up to you, don't get up then..."

"What are you going to do, sit on me?" he laughed.

"No, I'll make you move!"

"Ohhh, the princess is angry, huh?" he said mockingly.

He stood up from our seats and gestured with his hands for us to pass.

I sat in the corner, and Sıla sat next to me.

"See? You can stand up gracefully..." I said, looking at Bora.

Bora gave a mocking smile and left the classroom.

The lesson was math. Normally, I loved this subject, but now my mind was focused on the upcoming game at night. What if my opponent was stronger than me?

To relieve some of the tension, I rested my head on the desk and tried to sleep.

****

When I woke up, I realized that I had slept the whole day. It was the last class.

As the bell rang, students rushed out of the classroom, pushing and shoving, leaving only Sıla and me behind. We slowly gathered our things.

"While you were away, Bora kept asking about you. What's up with him?" Sıla whispered.

"I don't know, he must have a grudge or something, looking for someone to pick on," I replied.

We walked and talked, but I didn't really know what we were talking about. My mind was still on Ela. I wondered what she was doing... I missed her so much.

When I arrived home, I quickly got ready and headed to Yağız's house. As soon as I arrived, I noticed my little sister running towards me.

"Sister..." she shouted and jumped into my arms.

"My little sister..." I said, lifting her up.

While she was in my arms, she said, "I missed you so much..."

"I missed you too, my little peanut," I said, kissing her cheeks.

When I looked at Yağız, he was watching us. I nodded my head in greeting, and he smiled.