Ep 1 - Right Back Where We Started

Z's POV

The portal opened, and I dropped out. I landed in a puddle and stood up. I walked a few steps, before a few seconds later, Five landed on top of me and we both fell to the ground. I groaned from the impact and pushed Five off of me. Five stood up and stuck his hand out to help me up. We looked back up at the portal, only to see it closing. The wind rushing into our faces brings trash along with it.

"Damn it. Is that gunfire?" I asked, turning around.

"Where is everybody?" Five asked.

"Holy shit! Watch out!" I shouted, grabbing Five and pulling him to the ground.

A small missile had flown right above us and blown up the building behind us. We jumped up again and cautiously walked towards the exit of the alley. There was a tank driving itself down the street and soldiers were running. They were getting shot and killed, hardly leaving any of them alive.

"When the hell did this happen?" I asked, not remembering an event like this in the history books Reggie made me read.

The men were talking in Russian, and Five tugged at my blazer. He pointed up to the sky, and we saw planes flying over us, dropping missiles on the city.

"Soviets attack US?" Five uttered, jerking my attention from the sky to a newspaper.

We both ran to the newspaper and knelt down. Russian soldiers shooting at something, so we both looked up to see what it was they were shooting at.

"This can't be right, this never happened," I muttered, as I followed Five.

The Russians were shooting at English soldiers and killing most of them.

"KIDS! Get down!" a soldier yelled, noticing us.

We were standing right in the middle of a gunfight. A gunfight that never happened or existed.

"What the hell did we do now?" Five and I groaned at the same time.

Soldiers were yelling at us to get down. We just stood there in amazement, when a loud ringing came through my ears. We were standing by the tank's gun, and it had just shot a missile at something in the distance. The explosion had sent us flying to the ground. I covered my ears, and Five did the same. We looked up in time to see the missile get exploded in mid-air.

"Vanya?" I asked. "She's got her powers!"

I looked over to see Klaus walking up to some Russian soldiers, while he rose soldiers from the dead. The Russians began running away but were attacked by the ghosts. Luther screamed as he landed on the ground, shirtless. He was protecting Klaus from getting shot by a missile. A Russian shot at his back, and he screamed in pain. Klaus and Luther looked at each other, then at some soldiers who were begin taken out by Ben and his tentacles.

"HEY!" Allison yelled, making some Russian soldiers turn to look at her.

"She's got her voice back," I muttered.

"I heard a rumor that I blew your minds,"

I looked over to see the soldier's minds, literally explode. A knife grabbed my attention and I looked at where it had come from. Diego was standing on an upside-down car, getting shot at. He jumped up, and did a side-back flip, dodging all the bullets, making the bullets, killing the Russians instead. He landed on the ground and looked over at us.

"FIVE! Z! You son of a bitch! Where the hell have you been?" Diego yelled.

Five stood up and helped me up. He looked at me, and we were about to run and help our family when a hand stopped us. We both looked over to see, Hazel.