Old-Fashioned Espionage

Waiting outside M's office is like waiting outside the headmaster's office at primary school. All that was missing for Ezra was a skirt instead of a suit. The suit he wore was a classic-looking one. Double-breasted in a deep navy color and a matching vest with a black tie. James stood, pacing as he checked his watch every few seconds. He seemed anxious. Not a good sign for 007. Ezra, in contrast, was fairly calm. Sure, people might have been dying at the very moment but it wasn't like there was much they could do about it right that second.

A woman who is certainly not M approached the two men. "She's ready for you." The woman said with a light smile.

Bond looked up from his watch. He recognized her. "I'm sorry. Have we met before?" Playing dumb seemed to be the best route.

"I'm the one who should say sorry." She let out a light laugh, bowing her head slightly. Ezra remembered. She was the one who had shot James off that train. Might need to add that on her resume, should she ever need to work in a different secret service organization.

James shrugged with a playful look in his eye. Oh, here he was already turning back to his roots. "It was only four ribs, a bruised femur, and some of the less vital organs. Nothing major." It was peculiar. To see 007 in his natural habitat.

Ezra shook his head at the two of them and looked down at his phone as he tuned out most of the rest of the conversation, only listening in when he felt it was important. In the short time he had with Alix the days prior, they'd already set up a way to communicate without necessarily needing to have each other's numbers. Quite bluntly, Alix would hack into his phone and filter their own signal through at least five different cities all over the world. What a wonder what technology could do these days. Just recently, Alix sent Ezra a message that read:

'don't wanna spoil the surprise but i'm 99% sure M cleared you and bond for duty. but act a bit surprised maybe??'

The dark haired man let out a chuckle before Tanner emerged from the office, causing Ezra to finally stand. Tanner always had a clipboard or a briefcase of some kind in his hands. "Ah, 007. 009. Just this way." He motioned to head inside as he kept the door open.

"In your defense, a moving target is much harder to hit." Bond hummed, amused as he turned to Tanner.

Eve watches Bond, "Then you better keep moving."

Ezra glanced between the two of them. Is there something going on there? Surely not. The woman was the one who almost killed Bond. If it wasn't for Ezra, the legendary 007 surely would have been dead as soon as he hit the water. Or perhaps he was just jealous. He weighed the two concepts in his mind. Jealousy wasn't a feeling Ezra had as far as he was concerned. He headed inside the office behind James, Tanner closed the door behind them as soon as he entered too. It was interesting, being the tallest in the room. To be fair, Ezra usually was. At 187 centimeters tall, he towered over most people. Bond and Wayne sat in front of M, another man just a little off to the side.

"The whole office goes up in smoke and that bloody thing survives." Bond had his eyes fixated on the old Union Jack bulldog paperweight that was draped in the British flag sitting proudly on M's desk. Where it was meant to be it seemed.

M was typing away at her computer. What for? Neither of them particularly cared. Possibly more obituaries for fallen agents. "Your interior decorating tips have always been appreciated 007..." Her irritated tone did not go remiss. Though, that was how she always sounded. Being slightly irritated was part of her charm. She turned to the third man in the room and introduced him to the agents. "007, 009.... Gareth Mallory."

The man named Mallory nodded at the pair, "Bond, Wayne. Nice to finally and properly meet the two of you." There was something about the man... Ezra didn't like. It's not that Mallory was bad or anything, it was just the way he looked. He could bear it for the time being.