10

not edited 
Comment and vote

Content Warning: This chapter contains explicit sexual content and adult themes. Reader discretion is advised.

-------

August 20th
4:30 PM
Carmen's townhouse

Nadia sat on the end of Carmen's bed as Carmen got dressed for the cookout at Coach Joe's house. Nadia asked if it was okay to bring her best friend and of course Joe and Nia were more than happy for more guests. Only thing on Nadia's mind was eating after her and Carmen's Saturday Pilates class, she went home and worked on a piece before getting dressed.

Carmen stepped out of her walk-in closet, wearing a vibrant sundress that perfectly complemented her radiant smile. "How do I look?" she asked, grabbing her purse.

"Period you look good, now let's go, I'm hungry." The girls made their way to Nadia's Grey 2020 Lexus ES 350. Carmen connected her phone to the Bluetooth before putting on Jumbotron Shit Poppin by ChampagnePapi himself.

The girls sang along with the song making their way to the suburban side of Boston. Nadia was on the highway when Carmen turned down the music, "How's you and Jayson?" Nadia kept her best friend and sister in the loop about her and Jayson since Miami. They were so happy finally being able to see the couple.

"Things are good, even though our schedules are different. We haven't told Deuce anything yet." Nadia says keeping her eyes on the road. Carmen glanced over at her best friend, in her opinion Nadia was glowing. The girls have had several conversations about her moving on to Jayson since the death of Ermias. Nadia felt guilty but still knew this is what he wanted.

About 15 minutes later, the girls were pulling into a gated mansion. The cars were going down the driveway from the house. The two made their way up to the door, Nadia rang the doorbell. Hearing the doorbell echo through the house the girls looked over to each other, "They rich as hell." Was all Carmen said before the door swung open grabbing the girls attention.

"Hello Guys, Come in Come in." Nia said, greeting them hugging them as they both walked through the door. "Carmen, nice to finally meet you. I heard your name today and I couldn't wait to put a beautiful face on it." Carmen said nothing as she stood there with her mouth slightly ajar.

Nadia giggled at Carmen's reaction, she knew how much her bestfriend admired Nia Long. She nudged Carmen gently, shaking her out of her starstruck state. "Thank you so much, Nia," Carmen was able to finally say. "You are literally a Legend oh my god." Nia laughed before directing the girls to the backyard.

"This is Niceee, it don't smell like roaches in here or nothin" Carmen attempted to say in Nadia's ear but Nia heard and laughed. "No roaches here, I promise" The three made their way through the house to the backyard, where the cookout was in full swing. The sound of laughter and music filled the air and the scent of grilled food could be smelled.

Nadia and Carmen greet Joe and everyone else who was on the deck before heading down the steps. Walking past the pool Nadia didn't even realize who was by the pool until Deuce yelled her name.

Nadia stopped and walked over Brandy who sat on the pool seat and Deuce swam beside her. "Hey Mama, Heyy Deuce." Nadia said as Brandy gave her a kiss on her cheek. Deuce ran over to where his grandmother and "Aunt" stood and hugged Nadia's legs.

Nadia smiled at Brandy's motherly affection before she bent down to embrace Deuce in a tight hug. "You wet me, Hello my favorite little person." Nadia said with her voice filled for adoration before tickling him. "I missed you, are you enjoying swimming?"

Deuce giggled, "I'm good Auntie Channy! Me and Mimi swimming." Brandy smiled at the scene, her heart warmed by the love between Nadia and her grandson. "We've been having a blast, haven't we, Deuce?"