12.5

Not Edited

5:00 PM

Nadia's Apartment

Jayson had arrived at my apartment at 4:45, and I had just finished getting ready. Fluffing out my wanded curls and I applied my Fenty Beauty lipgloss when Jay's figure appeared.

"You look gorgeous," he said looking over my outfit. I wore a simple red dress with a YSL purse and gold heels. "Thank you," I said, turning to face him leaning against the bathroom counter. Jayson walked towards me before he kissed my lips.

"Come on, we got to go." He said before grabbing my already packed bag off the bed and rushing to turn the lights off in my apartment. The ride down to the garage was quiet Jayson texted away on his phone. I quickly looked over his outfit, he wore a white turtle neck with a denim jacket, with striped blue jeans and some Jordan 1's.

One thing I've loved about Jayson is the way he dresses. He takes whatever he is thinking in his mind and executes it perfectly. Of course now he has a second opinion with his wardrobe designer.

As we got to the car Jay held my hand as he opened the car door for me to get in. Looking into the car sat red roses and a Van Cleef and Arpels bag. My mouth dropped as I picked them up and sat in my seat.

"No he didn't", I quickly snapped a picture and sent it to the group chat with Malika, Carmen and I. Once he got in I thanked him.

"Thank you so much Baby, oh my god you didn't have to," I said, reaching over the counsel to give him a hug and a kiss. Jayson smiled at my reaction, clearly pleased with the surprise. The air was filled with a mix of gratitude and excitement.

"No problem, Mama, there's way more where that comes from. But I need you to do something for me," Jayson said, his eyes sparkling with a hint of mystery. I gave him a curious look, "Which is what?"

He reached into his pocket grabbing a blindfold, " I need you to trust me." I tilted my head slightly, "You're crazy I just did my makeup and my lashes will mess up," I said laughing but Jayson's facial expression didn't change.

"You barely put on makeup and I'll make a lash appointment for you tomorrow. Put it on." He said putting the blindfold in my hand. I obliged and tied it on my head making sure to cover my eyes.

" Whatever you got planned, remember your birthday is coming up."

All he did was laugh and put on a playlist he made for me for when I was in the car.

5:45 PM

Stepping out of the car with the help of Jayson he quickly stood behind me removing the blindfold. As the blindfold slipped away, the scene before me slowly came into focus. There stood the Boston Flower exhibit, or as we always called it " The Orchid ."

"Oh my god, Jayson, I haven't been here in years," I said taking in the gorgeous lights that were set up as we walked through the archway.

"Shit last time I took you here, what? Your birthday of senior year?" He asked, holding my hand and looking at the flowers. Ever since my grandmother took us here on my 11th birthday, I fell in love with flowers and Jayson made sure to bring me here every birthday after.

As we walked through the path, the arrangements of orchids brightened by soft lights took our attention as we laughed and talked. The vibrant colors and delicate petals created a dreamlike atmosphere.

"Thank you, Jay. This is perfect," I said, turning to him with a grateful smile.

He pulled me into a gentle hug, "Anything for you, baby. And this is just the beginning of your birthday celebration." Before he pulled his phone out once again.

We continued to walk through the orchid before we came to a wall of flowers we always loved. "Remember these?" I asked, looking over at him a smile spread across his face.

"Amaryllis," we said at the same time.

6:30

We were now pulling up to our second destination and of course, I had the blindfold on. Jayson got out of the car and made his way to my side, opening the door and helping me get out.

He guided me up some steps before I heard keys jiggling. We walked in and he removed the blindfold. Adjusting to the dark place, I looked around catching a glimpse of him where he stood with a smile before flicking the lights on.

"SURPRISE!!!" My family and friends popped out making a ton of noise.

"Oh my god!" I screamed, a hand covering my mouth in surprise. Jayson stood beside me, with a proud smile on his face, having successfully orchestrated the surprise party. "This is why you kept looking at your phone." I laughed before hugging him. I made my rounds to everyone. Jayson had some of his team and their gfs and wives here as well. Teyana was here even Wallo and Gillie.

As the night progressed, Jayson took my hand and led me to the backyard where you can still hear the music for a slow dance. The music played softly in the background. "Thank you so much, Jay. I love you."

Jayson's eyes twinkled once I said that a smile started to play on his face. " I love you more Channy." The two knew they meant it more deeper than surface-level bestfriends.

As the night came to a close, I sat in the kitchen on a barstool with Brandi, My Mom, and Malika. Carmen, Teyana, and most of the party left about 20 minutes ago. I was paying attention to my mom and Brandi's gossip before I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. Jayson whispered in my ear, "You look so good right now," slightly licking it quickly with a mischievous smile. I shrugged him off playfully.

"Well, we should get going. I have a cardio class in the A.M. " My mom said before grabbing her bag and walking over to me giving Jayson and me a kiss on the cheek. Brandi followed suit before Malika said to walk her to the door.

Once we walked through the house and got to the front door she turned on her heels.

"Show him our mama made a freak hoe," she whispered before sticking her tongue out and grinding. "Oh my gosh, Malika get out," I said laughing giving her a hug and closing the door after she left.