11

not edited
Make sure to comment and vote

The next morning
Sunday, August 21st
9:25 AM
Nadia's Apartment

Waking up I reached over to the side where Jayson fell asleep. It was empty, I sat up recollecting my thoughts when the smell of breakfast entered my nose. Smiling, I got up and got ready doing my morning hygiene before walking into the kitchen.

Walking into the kitchen, Jayson was shirtless as he rapped to a Drake song. I guess he felt my presence because he glanced up from the stove to where I stood.

"Goodmorning Baby," I said before walking towards him, putting my hand on his lower back. "Goodmorning Mama" He replied, glancing down at me, smiling before pecking my lips.

"I put coffee on for you, I'm almost done with these pancakes then we could eat." He glanced between me and the pancake on the stove. I walked over to the coffee pot grabbing a mug to make my coffee.

Once I was done I took a seat at the island as I watched Jayson maneuver through my small kitchen. Something about a man knowing his way around the kitchen and actually being good at it does something to me. Looking down at my wrist I admired the memor I have drawn into my skin for Ermias. He must be smiling down at us finally feeling how he wanted us to.

"You okay?" Jayson said, placing a plate down in front of me. The plate was filled with hash browns, pancakes and bacon. My mouth watered at the sight. "I'm fine, everything right now just seems surreal to me."

Jayson took a seat next to me, "What do you mean?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows. "I mean this thing we have going on never in a million years would I have thought this would happen, finding out Ermias gave his approval to this to my grandmother before he died. It just feels like a dream."

Silence took over the two of us as we both looked into each other's eyes, " I was getting you one way or another. I was just letting time play out." He said kissing my forehead before eating.

11:45 AM

It was almost noon, Jayson and I lounged around for the last hour. We were now on our way to go get Deuce some more school supplies. While his first day of school is TOMORROW, Jayson Christopher Tatum Sr. once again doing last minute shit.

Pulling into the Target parking lot, I pulled the sun visor down, taking a glimpse of myself before putting on my glasses. I didn't feel like putting on contacts today so I choose to go the lazy route and put these bad boys on.

Jayson watched my every move from the driver's seat, "Give me a kiss." He said, I leaned over the middle council to do what he asked, I left a sweet soft kiss on his lips before pulling away. His gaze never left me which made me nervous.

We made our way into the store, Jayson made sure I didn't steer off from the reason why we came in here. Walking into the school supplies section I grabbed Crayons, pencils, glue sticks. "I miss school days." Jayson said as he looked into the cart. I continued down the Aisle still grabbing things for Deuce, "Why is that?"

"Didn't have a care in the world. Now I have so much shit I have to care about. I'm thankful for this lifestyle and God allowing me to get where I dreamed doing what I love. But I just want a week of silence." He said. I glanced at him, he sounded like he did when we were 14 scared to grow up.

"Maybe after the season You, Deuce and your mom can go on a vacation and disconnect for a little while." I said which made him laugh. "It would be You, Deuce and Me on that vacation. My mom is leaving for Turks tomorrow for vacation."

"Yeah we will see."

Friday
August 26th
The Parker's Residence

I decided to stop by my parents house after work. Everyone was starting to get back into the flow of their normal schedule, which means my mom was back at work as a high school Nurse. I haven't spent time with my parents due to my busy schedule and I felt ashamed. Knowing we were in the same city and seeing each other every two weeks or so.

Walking into the house I took my shoes off, I heard music in the kitchen which made me walk towards it. Entering the kitchen I saw my dad standing behind my mom as he sang "The Gap Band- Yearning For Your Love" played. This was something I saw growing up which made me appreciate love.

My Dad noticed me standing there as he danced his way towards me singing the chorus and giving me a kiss on my cheek, "MY heart is yearning for ya, let me inside your loveeee."

Laughing at him I greeted him, "Hi daddy Hi mama." They both replied at the same time "Hi baby what are you doing here?" I walked towards my mom so she could give me a kiss as well, "Decided to stop by on the way home from work."

They nodded, "Staying for dinner? I'm making ziti and grilled chicken." My mom asked putting her wine glass down, taking in my mother's beauty you wouldn't think she was 55. "Yes Ma'am"

"What is wrong?" She said as she looked at me and then my father

"What is wrong?" She said as she looked at me and then my father. I laughed, "Nothing Ma, I'm hungry."

About 20 minutes later we were sitting at the dinner table eating. "How's work ?" My dad asked. That dreadful question, "Work is work, Maya wants to move the showcase up to the first week of October so now Colby and I are stressed."

"Why would she do that?" My mom asked, irritation evident in her tone. "She wants to see it sooner than later." Both of them shook their heads. One thing about my parents they hated when people rushed their children, they knew their kids performance would become a strain on their mental health when it happens.

"We are here if you need any help. You know that right?" My dad asked.

"Of course I do, Thank you guys."

"You speak to your sister today? She keeps ignoring my calls. Whoever got that little girl's head blown up is going to make me pop it."

I laughed at my mom, "I actually just got off the phone with her. She's on her way back to the States tonight." "How's Jayson?" My dad asked, yeah they were asking a lot of questions but it has been two weeks since they saw me in person or holding a conversation where I didn't rush off the phone.

"He's good, preseason and stuff starting so there's that. Deuce started Kindergarten Monday."

"AWWW Deucey baby, how are You and Jay though?" My mom asked with a smirk.

"We are working and having fun, you know."

----------------

Filler Chapter

OMGGGG thank you guys so much 1168 Total Reads. 52 of you guys reading this.

Love you guys

Opinions? Ideas? TTM

-Jami