13

Not edited

September 23rd

2:30 PM

AfroVisions Art Gallery

Nadia and Colby walked through the Gallery with one of the headliners artist Erika Verza. It was a week before the big exhibit and the energy was high. It had been a couple of weeks since Jayson and Nadia spent time together, besides catching lunch and sleeping together when they could. The two kept in touch but between work and Jayson being a parent it was rocky with each other's schedule.

"You choose the space and we will fill in the rest based on you, Erika," Colby said with his hands in his pants pocket. Nadia walked alongside Erika with her phone to take notes and pictures.

"I like your guy's idea, I want the people to feel the changes in metamorphosis through the artwork. I want the back," Erika said looking at Nadia who had a smile on her face.

"Great minds think alike," Nadia said.

Erika stopped walking and turned to her, "I know you do art, are you putting something in?" Nadia stopped in her footsteps keeping eye contact with Colby.

"Told her to she doesn't want to," Colby tilted his head with a smirk on his face.

"This is for local artists who want to make money and showcase their work," Nadia looked at the both of them.

"You live in Boston, you are local," Erika stated matter-factly.

Little did anyone know Nadia had been working on something that was the theme of the Exhibit as well as something she was feeling in her personal life.

"Leave a blank space before mine for hers, in my room so there's no ruining the order," Erika said to Colby who agreed.

----

A week later

The exhibit opening at AfroVisions Art Gallery was a vibrant and exhilarating affair. The energy buzzed through the air as attendees moved through the gallery, admiring the various artworks on display. Each piece was a reflection of the theme of metamorphosis, capturing the essence of change and evolution in unique and compelling ways.

Nadia and Jayson arrived hand in hand, their presence marking a quiet but significant support for Nadia's work. They moved through the gallery, their eyes catching on the diverse array of pieces that filled the space. Nadia's heart raced with a mix of excitement and anxiety as they approached the area where her work was displayed.

Colby had managed to keep his and Ericka's surprise under wraps, and as Nadia's eyes landed on her piece, she felt a wave of emotion wash over her. Her artwork was positioned exactly where Erika had suggested—a space left thoughtfully before her piece, allowing it to stand out in its own right. Nadia's work, a poignant reflection of her journey, was framed perfectly, catching the light in a way that made it almost glow.

Jayson leaned in, his voice a gentle murmur, "It looks amazing, Nad. You've really captured something special here."

Nadia smiled, her gaze locked on the piece, which she had poured so much of herself into. "I don't even know it is here. Colby and Ericka must have pulled some strings."

Just then, Colby approached with a wide grin, his eyes twinkling with a mix of pride and mischief. "Surprised, huh? I had to make sure your work was part of this exhibit. It deserved to be here."

Nadia's eyes softened as she looked at Colby. "Thank you. It means a lot."

Erika joined the group, her expression filled with admiration as she took in Nadia's piece. "I knew it would fit perfectly with the theme. Your work brings a unique depth to the exhibit."

As the gallery continued to hum with activity, Nadia's family made their entrance. They stepped into the space, their eyes immediately drawn to the vibrant array of artworks on display. The lively chatter around them seemed to fade as they took in the scene.

Malika gasped as she recognized her baby sister's artwork on display, "Nad you did not tell us you were putting your work out, it's gorgeous," She said as she took her phone out to capture this moment and her sister.

"You look beautiful baby and this artwork is just as beautiful," Kofi and Sanaa said before giving Nadia a hug and a kiss. After the admiration, everyone was introduced to one another and the night grew louder and packed.

Celebrities like Savannah James, Teyana Taylor, Lori Harvey and of course, Joe and Nia and many more were there. This was all so overwhelming for Nadia she and Colby put this event together. The gallery became a space not just of art, but of connection. Black artists and business owners found themselves in conversations that could lead to new opportunities, collaborations, and friendships. The event was more than just an exhibit; it was a celebration of culture, talent, and community.

Nadia felt a deep sense of fulfillment as she looked around the room. This was what she had envisioned—a space where Black excellence could shine, where artists could be celebrated, and where people could connect on a deeper level. and it turned out beautifully with black artists and black businesses thriving and being able to have the platform to put themselves out there.

Nadia stood upstairs looking over the gallery, she snuck away to her office for a couple mins of silence and somehow migrated back to the ledge. Little did she know, Colby spotted her from downstairs and came up to check on her.

"You good, Nadia?" He said offering her a brand new water. Nadia didn't hear him so he put his hand on her shoulder to get her attention. "Im sorry what did you say?" She said taking the water he put in her hands.

"I asked if you are good," In that moment Nadia took in Colby's smile. He is sweet when you get to know him as a person and not the asshole he portrays himself to be. She smiled before responding, "Thank you, and yes just looking over this success. We did that!" She looked back over the ledge.

"We sure did" He laughed as they both looked over their success. "Can I give you a hug?" Nadia asked laughing at how stupid she sounded. The two shared a laugh before Colby opened his arms and Nadia gave him a friendly hug.

Little did they know, Jayson glanced up at the ledge as he was conversing with Jaylen, Joe and Kofi. He quickly furrowed his eyebrows before focusing back on the conversation.

————

hello, im sorry I failed you guys with the update lmao