Chapter 2: A Day In The New Life

🎶SONG OF THE CHAPTER: "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol🎶

(CAMERON FAMILY CONDO)

Couldn't sleep,
went for an early walk,
be back soon.
~Kiara

John B reads on the note Kiara left on her pillow, as he hears Sarah come downstairs.

"This seem suspicious to you?" he asks Sarah who's already started to make coffee in the kitchen. John B gives Sarah the note to read, and after she does, she chuckles knowingly.

"Yeah, she took a walk right to JJ's." she says confidently.

"Whoa whoa whoa, how do you know that?" John B asks.

"Come on John B, it's so blatantly obvious that they're together now." she says smiling.

John B takes a moment to actually ponder JJ and Kiara being a couple.

He's always kind of known that his best friend has had a thing for Kiara ever since they were little. He remembers that JJ would always go out of his way to flirt with her or make her laugh by cracking a joke or saying something stupid.

Now Kiara on the other hand, to him anyway, was much harder to read than JJ. Kiara never let anyone too deep into her thoughts and feelings, except for well...JJ, John B realizes.

He then quickly goes through multiple memories of being around JJ and Kiara, and ends with the one from just two days ago where JJ said he owed Kiara, and ended up going to get her from that wilderness camp.

"Wow...JJ and Kie." he says under his breath.

"See, I know my best friend John B, and Kiara's never looked at anyone the way she looks at JJ." Sarah states.

"I could tell from the moment I joined the Pogues that they just had a much different connection than the rest of y'all." she says with a smile.

"Yeah, now that I've actually sat down and thought about it, you're right, they always have had a different kind of bond." John B says.

"It feels so good to be right!" she says teasingly, giving John B a kiss on the cheek and a cup of coffee.

(JJ'S HOUSE)

JJ wakes up to the sound of a loud boat cruising by on the marsh.

He yawns and looks down at the pile of curls still laying on top of his heart. He rubs his eyes, and does a double take, making sure that this is actually real, and he's not still asleep and dreaming.

He stays in bed just a little longer to study how it feels to have her laying on his chest, and how it feels to be holding her while she's in a deep sleep, and listen to her breathe out breaths of safety and comfort.

He still can't wrap his mind around the fact that someone like her can love someone like himself. He'll probably go his entire life, without ever figuring out how he got someone as special and beautiful as Kiara.

While laying there still listening to her sleep, an idea comes to his mind, so he slowly moves his body out from underneath her head and left arm, and slowly lays them back down onto the pillow, while he very quietly gets out of the bed.

He tries to stay as quiet as possible, but in an old house like his, the floor is not your friend, and makes creaking noises every slight movement you make. He very quietly gets an old royal blue t-shirt and some khaki shorts out of his dresser and heads out of the room to change into them.

He really doesn't think Kiara is going to wake up anytime soon, but just in case she does, he writes her a note and puts it right next to her head on his pillow.