Chapter 4: All Along There Was Some Invisible String Tying You To Me

"I've got scars

Even though they can't always be seen

And pain gets hard

But now you're here and I don't feel a thing."

🎶SONG OF THE CHAPTER: "If I Could Fly" by One Direction🎶

THE MAYBANK FISHING CABIN

JJ and Kiara lay asleep and hopelessly in love in each other's arms under the moonlight in JJ's family's old fishing cabin. Romantic, maybe not to everyone, but it was so perfectly them.

JJ had been dreaming of this moment since he realized he was in love with Kiara about two and a half years ago.

~Flashback~

It was the day he and John B had ditched school, and went and bought their first dime bag off JJ's cousin, Ricky. Once they secured the dime bag, they headed out onto the HMS Pogue into the marsh, anchored the boat, rolled their own joints, and smoked for the first time together.

Once they had checked their phones a few hours later, and realized school had been let out, they decided to head back to the Chateau to see if Big John had any cold beer in the fridge.

Once they got there, they checked the fridge and found two beers.

"My pops will kill me if he finds out we drank his last two beers, JJ, we can't." John B says.

"Wait! I have an idea!" JJ calls out.

"Oh boy..." John B responds.

"No man, hear me out, my dad always buys his beer in bulk, there's like five 24 packs in the fridge at my house. We can sneak around and take a few." JJ conspires.

"I don't know J, are you sure that's a good idea? Would if he catches us?" John B asks worriedly, knowing how Luke Maybank can be with his son.

"Nah man, he's at work at the salvage yard, it'll be fine!" JJ responds confidently.

"Look, don't take this the wrong way, but I just don't trust your dad man, we better just forget it." John B suggests.

"Alright then, I'll go, you stay here." JJ says starting to walk away.

"If it's that important to you, then sure, you go ahead." John B says.

"I'll be back in twenty Bree!" JJ yells back to John B who's now sitting on his porch step, already waiting for his best friend to come back.

JJ was not back in twenty minutes...

Once he got to his house, he went right to the fridge and took six beers out of the already opened box. He flipped his backpack around, stuffed them inside, zipped up his bag and started for the side door. Almost to the door, he suddenly feels a hard tug on the handle of his backpack, and his entire body is jerked back roughly.

"What the hell do you think you're doing stealing my beer boy?" a raspy voice JJ recognizes immediately asks.

JJ gulps and looks down at the floor.

"I uh...John B and I wanted some, and Big John didn't have any." JJ answers.

"YOU LISTEN TO ME..." JJ's father pushes him back against the wall. He grunts from the impact, as Luke gets right in his face and grabs the collar of JJ's t-shirt. "I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU LURKING AROUND MY FRIDGE AND STEALING MY BEER, THAT I WORKED HARD TO BUY! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" Luke yells out, spitting a little on JJ's face with each word.

JJ nods his head as he's still looking down to the floor all tensed up, and his dad lets go of his collar, and grabs JJ's backpack off of him, unzips and takes out his beer.