CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

AINSLEY

SOON ENOUGH EVERYONE was gathered in Tiens office.....even Saka. Which Tien was very upset about and was about to turn her anger on Viviana, but Saka piped in that there was nothing anyone could do to stop her from attending. So, Tien just ended up ignoring Saka.

I stood next to Viviana and Renetta, Saka was behind me. Lucy decided to position herself in the corner of the room. Of course away from everyone else. Cyrus and Sage stood next to Tien.

"I've called everyone in here because we need to discuss something," Tien says "earlier this evening Ainsley and I discovered Elizabeth, one of the royal concubine, on the brink of death in their room. She was basically gutted and her tongue was cut out."

"Did she survive?" Cyrus asks, seemingly concerned.

"Yes. Thankfully the Doc saved her but if we hadn't found her for another hour she'd be dead right now."

"She sure is a fighter." Cyrus smiles.

"Sooo....You're just deciding to tell me that someone tried to kill one of my little ones friends. In a room she should've been safe in? That very well could have been Ainsley. Not Elizabeth." Lux says from the corner. Stepping forward towards all of us but especially Tien.

"To be fair, I didn't know either," Sage says before adding "and I'm married to Tien."

"I was a little preoccupied. If anything, it would've been easier for Renetta and Viviana to tell you guys." Lucy didn't seem to accept either of those answers. Her eyes narrowing. So, I decide to step in.

"Something big had happened. Tien was making sure that Elizabeth was okay and that I was somewhere safe. I was way too emotional to tell Renetta or Viviana to tell anyone else and I don't think they thought about it since I was completely having a mental breakdown and they were trying to calm me down." I say and Lucy nods her head in understanding. Seeming to move past her anger of not being informed.

"Okay. But if anything happens to my little one again, and I'm not immediately informed, I will string you up and skin you."

"I for sure will next time. Now, moving on. We have to discuss this Elizabeth situation. I have a guard positioned near her hospital bed for her protection. We need to deal with this situation fast and discreetly."

"Do we have any ideas of who could've done this?" Cyrus says.

"I'm not too sure. I'm assuming it's connected to who ever is trying to kill Ainsley."

"Do you think your family is involved, Tien."

"I don't see why they would be. I mean, they don't even know about Ainsley. Unless someone told her." Tien says, narrowing her eyes at Saka.

Saka puts her hands up "Hey. I didn't say shit. I'd never do anything to put my sunflower in the line of fire. No one in their right mind would put their mate in danger."

"Wait. Mate?" Viviana, Sage, and Renetta all say at once.

"Yes. Saka is also Ainsley's mate."

"And when were you gonna tell us this?" Viviana says and Tien groans before slapping her forehead.

"Guys. Can we please not right now? We have too much going on." Tien says. She looked so tired and I felt really bad for her. Sighing, I move forward towards her. Moving away from the others before stepping up to her and hugging her. She wraps her arms around me and holds me close.