CHAPTER THIRTY

AINSLEY

I NOTICED THAT Lucy followed Saka god only knows where. I just hope that neither of them gets hurt. I also hope that Lucy won't kill her either. She can be a bit temperamental sometimes.... but that's just one of the many things I love about her.

"I'm fine. Not that any of you probably care." I say rolling my eyes before storming off. On my way out of the ballroom, I almost run into Cyrus. Elizabeth is close behind her "Oh! I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there."

"No worries Ainsley. Are you alright?" Cyrus says.

"Yeah, I'm good. What are the two of you doing together?"

"Oh, we were just talking. Elizabeth was telling me all about the things you guys have been doing. I'm glad to see you making friends."

"It's been nice." I say and smile at her "Anyway, I'm going to head to our room now, Elizabeth. I'm tired."

"You probably shouldn't be alone Ainsley. I'll come with you." she begins to move around Cyrus but she stops her.

"I'll walk Ainsley back to your guy's rooms. You enjoy the party." Elizabeth looks hesitant but nods her head anyway.

I couldn't figure out why, though. I mean this is Cyrus. One of Tien's closest friends and someone whose been nothing but nice to me. A woman who was also weaseling her way into my heart. Sure, I haven't spent as much time with her but still. 

Cyrus and I leave the ballroom "Do you actually want to go back to your room or would you like a short tour of the city?" She asks me. My eyebrows basically reach my hairline.

"You'd take me out of the castle?"

"Of course. I trust you won't run. Even if you do, we'll be able to find you pretty quickly. Unless Lux is trying to hide you again," she says "and something tells me you won't try." She smiles at me and I nod my head.

Before I know if we're back in my room and I'm quickly changing "Should we let the others know where we're going?"

"Nah. Tien will probably put a stop to it. Plus, It'll be fun pissing Tien off and it will definitely piss her off if we don't tell her where we're going."

"Won't she send you to the depths like she did Lucy, though?"

"No. Tien is different with us than she is with Lux."

"How come?"

"I wish I could tell you but I have no idea. She holds resentment towards her even if she won't admit it. When it boils down to it we all do it for different reasons. The only one who probably doesn't have any issues with Lux is Viviana and partially Sage who once did, but Sage forgave her."

"She isn't a bad person, you know that right? She may come across as a monster but she really isn't. She's one of the kindest people you'll ever meet."

Cyrus lets out a harsh laugh, "No, she's like that towards you. The entire world could be on fire and as long as you were safe she'd be completely okay with it." I don't know what to say to that so I just shrug a little bit.

"you really don't like her do you?"

"Don't like? Oh, I hate her with every fiber of my being." she sighs "Anyway, let's get going. I'd rather not think about Lux right now." I didn't really like the way she was talking about Lucy or the way she thought of her but I figure she has her reasons. When we go to walk out of my room and turns and looks at me "You don't hate me right?"