› 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 ; 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲

hyunjin woke up earlier than the previous day as he didn't want to be late again. he took a shower and got ready for school.

checking himself in the mirror, making his hair, grinning at himself knowing he looks good, fixing his sleeves, and with that he went downstairs.

good morning mom, dad.
he wished his parents as he came down the stairs. his father heard him and gave a nod.

his mom who was in the kitchen counter smiled to his son, ❝good morning hyunjinah, did you sleep well?

yes i slept well, mom.

his mom smiled seeing his son and saw how he looked really nice. ❝oh and wow you are early today, are you going to pick up your bf?❞ asked his mom teasingly.

hyunjin's parents weren't homophobic like some (outdated?) parents these days, they were aware of the norms and trends and culture of this gen somehow even tho they were born in the 19's. in simple words, they supported their son even if he liked guys, they were really understanding.

hyunjin choked on the water he was drinking. ❝w-what!?? what bf mom? what are you talking about?

he felt heat rising to his cheeks at the question, even as though, he was not guilty.

his mom flicked his son's forehead and went to the microwave to take out the cookies she baked. then she spoke up softly.

you are usually almost late everyday that's why i asked if you were to pick up someone... or do you have someone hm~?❞ she looked back behind her shoulder with a teasing smile on her lips.

there's nothing as what you are saying mom, i woke up early because i don't want my friends to wait for me long at the bus stop.❞ he smiled to his mom.

his mom affirmed and went back to her work.

it was still early and hyunjin had enough time to leave for the bus station so he sat down at the sofa facing his dad who was reading a newspaper, as he always did every morning. hyunjin was texting his friends while waiting for his mom to prepare their breakfast.

his father spoke up, still reading his newspaper, ❝so how was yesterday?

a little surprised hyunjin answered, ❝it was fine dad, jisung was selected as our class president and we are to look for new clubs to join in soon.

and you weren't selected?
the most parent thing ever a parent would ask his child. his dad still unfazed and reading his newspaper.

hyunjin scoffed a bit and said, ❝no dad, you clearly know i'm not that interested in those stuffs.

hyunjin was academically quite good and did well in almost all subjects except computer science. he wasn't very interested with the school prefects. you could say he was an average student who was happy with whatever remarks he got.

his father nodded as a reply. it was just a usual conversation between a father and his son.

hyunjin, dear, breakfast is ready, come fast❞ his mom called them.

coming mom!
he said so and went to the dining table with his dad. they chit chat usual stuff and had their breakfast.

bye mom, bye dad, i'm leaving.
he waved at them and left.

he opened his door and his eyes met the seoul temperature. warm morning sunlight, not to be considered as hot, hit the building in a diagonal pattern.

soon after a little walking, the same route he always took, he saw his friends at the same spot from the previous day. he waved and ran to them.