Shade's POV Part 3

My father and I fought for what felt like a long while, I was covered in cuts as was he. I worked up enough energy for another attack I just had to wait for the right moment. Soon enough he charged at me jaws wide open, I took my chance and hit his bottom jaw with enough force causing it to snap off, then I went after his throat and sunk my fangs deep into his throat. Once he stopped moving I let him go.

"I need to get back to the pack house and check on my mother." I said and headed off to the pack doctor. Please be alright mother please, I sent a silent prayer to the Moon Goddess.

After a half an hour of running nonstop I made it back and went straight to the doctor. "Nash wait." The doctor tried to stop me but I wasn't stopping not till I see her.

I pushed open her door to her room and saw a sheet covering her body I froze. No..no no no she can't be no. I slowly made my way to her and held her body closely to mine. "Mom.. come on mom wake up...momma please wake up...mommy...please don't leave me." I begged her, but her body was still ice cold and not a single sign of life, my body began to shake while I sobbed for my dead mother and baby sibling.

Something in me snapped after that I don't know what but, since that day my temper was even more unstable. I'm now the new Alpha of the pack and without my mother or a mate nobody can help with my temper...

Moon Goddess help us all...

"That's basically our story Mate." I said to her, I looked down at her and notice her face was wet I whimpered at her and licked her face. "Mate why sad?" I asked her. "I feel so bad for you and Nash.. nobody should have to go through that..." she answered as she began to cry more.

"Mate no cry, us better now, you here with us." I said happily, licking her face again. "Tell us of Mate's life?" I asked her, "You want to know of how I grew up?" She asked and I nodded. "Uhm well I believe I was born in cold waters I'm not really sure where that would be but, I was an only child and uhm my best friend is Candy her father is the leader of our Pod and my parents...uhm they... uhm they were taken from me years ago..." she said my head tilting.

Taken I thought, "Taken? Mate" I nudged her for more. "Yea taken... us mermaids have certain powers that humans use for their own greed, my parents were captured by humans, and well I don't know much after that, they are either dead or being experimented on..." she said sadly, and nudged her head sadly. "Sorry Mate." I said my ears pinned to my head.

"No no it's not your fault Shade, it was years ago and there is really nothing you could've done, it happened somewhere far away from here." She said and I nodded, I nudged her one last time and glanced back at my back and she hopped on. "Where are we going now Shade." She asked as she gripped my fur, I purred in return. "Home" is all I said and took off.

I'm so sry for such a short and late update a lot has happened in my life and I've updated two of my others books and even made a new one so I decided that I needed to post at least something on here this is my most viewed book so I'll try harder to update more on this one maybe tomorrow I'll try I just have to reread through this and make notes on stuff so I can refresh my brain on this book lol but plz do try my other books my newest one is a demon slayer anime fanfic based on Sanemi it does have spoilers in there so just a heads up but do stay patient with me plz I promise tomorrow I'll put out a better chapter for y'all!!!