Shade's POV

Mate and I laid down by the waterfall with her leaning against me. I turned my head towards her and ran my nose against her taking in her breathing scent. I love her I do so does Nash, but I know she's not ready to say it aloud just yet. So, I'll just keep telling her I love her and hopefully when the day comes she'll say it back.

"Shade." Her soft voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Yes, my beautiful mate?" I asked looking at her watching her face blush was and is the highlight of my life. "I want to get to know you and your kind better. Could you tell me?" She asked. I nodded my head eagerly wanting her to know everything there is to know about my kind and also myself.

"What would you like to know mate?" I asked. She looked me dead in the eyes and spoke. "Everything." Her fingers ran through my fur leaving a trail of sparks where she touched. I closed my eyes enjoying the sparks that only my mate can cause. "Very well then. Werewolves are run like wolves in the wild. There's the alpha male and female, without them there would be chaos. They lead the pack and protect them also. Then you have the beta male and female they are second in command if the alphas are sick or something like that then the betas take control until the alphas can. Then there is the third male and female they are third in command if the alphas and betas are unable to work then the thirds take control until either the alphas or the betas can. Then you have your warriors who fight when needed they protect the pack. Then there are the omegas most packs treat their omegas horribly. We treat them with respect sure they do the normal omega chores but if they want to be a warrior or something like that I won't stop them. Anyway that's the basic of the werewolf pack." I spoke while she looked at me in awe. I looked away embarrassed.

She smiled and nodded her head for me to continue

She smiled and nodded her head for me to continue. "Now a mate is everything to a werewolf. Their each other's other half. Without you I was incomplete I also felt like I was missing something and I was you... we only get one mate in our entire lifetime. And once that mate dies the other is so depressed they end up killing them self just to be with their mate again. Once you find your mate the first stage of the mate bond is complete." She looked up at me slightly confused but more in awe. So I continued. "The second stage is the marking. Which is where Nash and I will bite you on your neck where your shoulder and neck connect." I said while I place my nose on the place I was talking about and sparks ignited from the touch and I saw her close her eyes and sighed in content. "The final stage is where we become one. Meaning we mate or the phrase I like to use is 'make love'." I said making eye contact with her. Her cheeks turned into a rosy color and I smiled knowing that Nash and I are the only ones who can get that kind and any other kind of reaction out of her.

 Her cheeks turned into a rosy color and I smiled knowing that Nash and I are the only ones who can get that kind and any other kind of reaction out of her

The wind started to pick up and she leaned more into me I place my head on top of hers. Her breathing evened out telling me she fell asleep. We stayed there for I don't know how long all I knew was that my mate was asleep next to me safe and sound.