Astrid's POV

I wake up the next morning to an empty bed so I lay on my back and look at the ceiling taking in everything that has happened.... first I find my mate then I'm kidnapped by him while being taken away from my pod. I sigh to myself and decide to get up and get ready for today. I walk into the bathroom and do my daily routine.

AFTER SHOWER...

I step out of the shower with a towel wrapped around me, I dry off and slip on my undergarments then my studded high waist cut-off black denim shorts, my white long-sleeved lace crop top and lastly I do my hair in a fishtail mermaid braid. Once I was dressed I walked out of the bathroom into the bedroom and out of the room into a long abandoned hallway making my way to Nash's office.

 Once I was dressed I walked out of the bathroom into the bedroom and out of the room into a long abandoned hallway making my way to Nash's office

HER OUTFIT ^^

Once I was at Nash's office door I could hear voices on the other side of the door not wanting to disturb anything I knocked on the door and I heard it go silent and faint. "Who is it?" I replied. "It's Astrid." a few seconds later I heard a. "Come in." I opened the door and I saw Nash in his chair both Darren and Chris were on either side of Nash while three other men were in the same room with them, one man sat while the other two were on the other side of him like Nash. I slowly walked in and Nash stood up. "Baby girl, what's wrong? Are you hurt?" he asked and I just giggled shaking my head at him. "No, I just didn't know where you were so I came looking for you," I said and looked at the unknown men and then back to Nash.

One of the three unknown men cleared his throat and stared at me while he spoke. "Is this your mate Nash? Cause if she is why does she smell of the sea? It's as if she's a mythical creature." The tallest man said the one in the middle between the other two unknown men. Nash just stared at him and growled a little bit. "Yes, she is my mate. And it's none of your business Alpha Tristan." Nash growled out and I held his hand to calm him down a bit. Alpha Tristan growled back in return both Darren and Chris growled at the alpha and then the alpha's two men growled also and I just hid behind Nash not feeling safe with all the growling around their eyes started to turn black, I started to back away and Nash turned his head to me and his black eyes soften to a moment then Alpha Tristan's growl cut him off and he leaped at Tristan. And I just ran out of the room and into Nash's and my bedroom..... or at least tried to anyway.

I was so close to the bedroom door when I was tackled to the floor by a pitch-black wolf and by the sparks I was feeling I knew it was Nash, but I was still terrified. I knew he wouldn't hurt me but I still didn't know what his wolf would do... I looked up into Nash's wolf's eyes and I was hypnotized...

"I won't hurt you mate." I heard in my mind and my eyes widen. "Nash..?" I asked I heard a chuckle in my mind and I started to freak out. "No, I'm not Nash I'm his wolf Shade. My beautiful mate I have waited a very long to meet mate, I begged Nash to let me meet mate but he would always say "No," I know mate and I haven't yet met personally, but I want a mate to know that Nash and I would never in a million years harm mate. Never mate mean everything to us I just want a mate to know that Nash and I love mate even though we have just met but know that we do and that mate don't have to say it back yet."

I looked at Shade in shock I slowly reached my hand out and ran my fingers through his midnight fur, which was very soft. "I would love to get to know you and Nash, how about the next two months I get to spend time with you both separately, Nash during the day and you during the night and then switch every week so then it will be you during the day and Nash during the night?" I asked making Shade's eyes widen in surprise not really why he was so shocked but it made me giggle softly. He nodded his giant head.

"Oh, yes let's start now mate!" Shade responded. Then I remembered the meeting Nash and Alpha Tristan were having. "What about the meeting with Alpha Tristan, Shade?" I asked tilting my head a bit to look at him. He made some sort of grunt in disagreement looking away from me with a wolf-like scowl on his face. "He is a disgrace to all Alphas! He shouldn't even be an Alpha for how he acted toward his mate! He should apologize, but knowing him he won't because of his pride!" Shade replied. I went to reply to him, but when I looked up into his eyes I saw that they had a foggy look to them.

"It seems that Alpha Tristan has left along with his Beta and Third. Now let's go, mate." Shade said. "Go where?" I asked. "To the woods of course. I'm a wolf mate and I want to show my mate all of OUR territory." Shade replied. He helped me up and started to trot downstairs. I followed after him, once at the bottom of the stairs Shade led me to the door and we left the house. When I got outside I saw a lot of people walking about they'd stop and stare at us some would point and whisper things even though I couldn't hear them Shade could, and by the way, his head is held up I'm guessing it was praised. As we were walking to the woods we were stopped by a group of children so I squatted down. "Hi, there what are you all's names?" I asked. "I'm Harper!" a little girl with light brown hair and green eyes said. "I'm Matt." a boy with black hair and brown eyes replied. "And she's Tammy and I'm Tommy!" I looked towards the twins and smiled. Tommy had blonde hair with one blue eye and one green eye, while Tammy had rose blonde hair with one green eye and one brown eye.

I smiled down at the kids and looked up at Shade and he was coming closer to the children and me, but the kids didn't fear him or anything and smiled at him. Shade laid down next to me as the kids come and played with him, mostly they messed with his paws, tail, and his ears they also climbed over him and on top of him, but he never once growled her flinched at their excited screams and their grabbed hands. I glanced around and saw some if not most of the people had stopped and were watching their powerful Alpha play with children. "Miss are you Alpha Nash's mate?" asked Tammy. I looked at her and glanced up at Shade and smiled looked back at her and nodded. "Yes, Tammy I am Nash's mate," I said with a smile and once I said it everyone around us was cheering for Nash for finding his mate.