Part One - Family and Friends

As the quintet approaches the Basset household, they arrive to find a frustrated Eliza, styling a black mid-thigh dress and suit jacket complimenting a white silk t-shirt with glossy black stilettos, and a hopeless Elijah, dressed in an orange shirt, the black words "Slime Monster" are embroidered on it, and black ripped patched jeans.

"HURRY UP! They'll be here any minute! WHERE ARE MY PAPERS?", Eliza shouts looking for her files in the car as Elijah secures the house. Zariah rolls down Josiah's window lying in wait for Eliza to settle down.

"HE DIDN'T EVEN WAKE ME UP! AND I'M THE ONE HOLDING THE MEETING! WHERE ARE MY CAR KEYS? ELIJAH!", Eliza yells. She turns towards her son, "Sweetie. Dear. Give me my things. I gave you my purse, right?", standing up out of her car and extending her arm.

Elijah stands there, startled, postponing his clothe adjustment, hesitantly giving his mom her purse, "H-here you go.", he says shyly.

"Thank you.", Eliza smiles sweetly.

"Y-you're welcome.", Elijah chuckles nervously.

Zariah lightly presses the center of the steering wheel and greets, "Morning guys! How's it going?", with a distant wave and bright smile.

"ZURI!", Elijah jolts towards his best friend.

"ELIJAH!", Zuri swings the door open.

"Gosh, break the door why don't you?", Josiah sighs.

"Good morning.", Elijah greets the Lopez family, "See you later mom!", he waves.

"Thank you again so much for helping us out Zariah! We've just been so busy with work lately, but hopefully this is just temporary.", Eliza says walking up to the parked black van, "I know you have enough kids as it is, so I really appreciate it.", she says with praying hands.

"It's no problem! I know you got your hands full with work. Plus, they're best friends, so no worries!", Zariah reassures, "Have a nice day by the way, big shot. See you later!"

"See you guys soon!", Eliza waves.

Zariah heads to Zuri and Elijah's middle school. As Zariah parks the car, Zuri snatches Elijah out of the vehicle, alerting everyone. "Come on! We still have some time before classes start!", she cheers.

"Oh right, there's never any traffic after seven, since everyone's at work already.", Elijah exhales accepting defeat, "Back to this girl's free time again. See you all later!", he waves.

Zuri turns around and shouts, "We'll see you later guys!", before once again turning Elijah into a push and pull toy.

"We're going to the treehouse after school, okay?", Xarieliz announces.

"Got it!", Zuri replies, running off.

"You guys just finished constructing that treehouse, right?", Zariah asks.

"Yeah! Turns out dad had some extra time and helped us install a TV and a mini fridge! So, we'll be able to play the new video games I bought!", Josiah replies.

"Sounds like you guys will have lots of fun...AFTER your homework!", Zariah enunciates, giving the three a stern reproving glare.

"Of course!", Josiah smiles, facing his mother.

"Obviously, duh!", Zara chortles immediately after.

"What's the point of doing school work outside of school?", Xarieliz mumbles.

"Yeah", Zara and Josiah silently agree.

"What?!", Zariah hollers.

"Nothing!", they all reply simultaneously, sitting up straight.

Zariah proceeds to take off towards Advanced Future High. As she arrives, she notices a group of familiar faces beside the school entrance, "Oh! Seems like they were waiting.", she points in the direction of the teenage trio.

"Who?", Josiah asks.

"Aren't those your friends over on the side of the school entrance?", Zariah asks.

"I don't see them. Where are they?", Xarieliz asks searching for them through the window.

"You probably won't notice them after those last two weeks of taking defense classes over the summer. They might look a little different but they're right...-", Zara pauses, leaning over her sister.

"They're what?!", Xarieliz questions, frustrated at the situation.

"OH MY GOSH! OLIVIA! She cut her hair!", Zara exclaims, bursting out of the car, she rushes towards her life-long friend, squealing.

"So noisy...her and Zuri", Josiah complains, rummaging through his backpack.

"OHH! I see them now! Isabella isn't all scrawny anymore!", Xarieliz rejoices at her best friends' improvement. She closes the door from the outside, as Zara walks over to her direction with the teen group.

"Xarieliz can be too.", Josiah continues inspecting his bag.

Zariah giggles, "Well aren't you getting out with them?", she asks Josiah before changing the cars' gear to drive.

"Can't help but feel like I'm forgetting something.", Josiah answers gathering his belongings back together.

"Well, I'm sure everything else will be in your locker. You guys set it up before school started, remember?", Zariah informs.

"Yeah, thanks mom.", Josiah closes the car door and slings his bag over his shoulder.

"Have a nice day, you gu-", Zariah starts, ready to pull off.

"NOOOO! MY LUNCH! Where did it go?!", Josiah interrupts, immediately throwing his bag on the ground, preparing for another searching splurge.

"Bro, what? You forgot your lunch? That sucks man.", Noah, Josiah's best friend, jokes walking towards Josiah.

The rest of the teenage squad shuffles over towards Josiah, engrossed in his commotion.

Zariah rolls down the passenger window after hearing Josiah's cries, "Your lunches?", she asks. "Oh, my bad, but I thought I told you guys your Abuela will start dropping off your lunches this school year.", Zariah advises.

"Oh, thank goodness! I thought I'd have to eat the school's food.", Josiah lets out a sigh of relief.

"You had me worried there for a sec, Josy. Plus, Abuela's food is the best.", Zara on Olivia, drooling on her best friend's shoulder at the mere thought of Abuela Labiba's food.

"Get yourself together girl.", Olivia tries to push off Zara, styling a flared pant, ombre golden black, long-sleeved romper, slightly disgusted. She has blown-out wavy black hair in two buns on the top of her head, while the rest reaches her mid-back and white chunky platform sneakers.

"Oh, come on. You guys are so spoiled! The school food isn't that bad, you know?", Xarieliz protests.

"I'm sorry girl, but that school food isn't for me.", Isabella adds on, "It's the most revolting comestible you could ever digest!", she shivers, adjusting her glasses. Her attire is a denim hooded jacket over a basic gray T-shirt to suit her gray Converses, ripped royal blue jeans and a curly messy bun.

"Wow...and I thought I had a friend. It's whatever, though. Stay spoiled! Xarieliz folds her arms, "Just don't come crying to me when the only food left in the world is beans and rice!", she stares harshly at her spoon-fed friends.

"Mm.", Zara moans, "Give that and a tortilla to Abuela, and it'll be the best vegan burrito you've ever had."

"You're a real foodie, aren't you?", Isabella gives Zara a blank stare.

"Ugh, you guys are so difficult! See ya later mom.", Xarieliz walks off.

"See you later, Mom – I mean Mrs. Lopez! Sorry, I'm so sorry!", Isabella chuckles nervously, shocking her allies.

"It's alright, dear. Be home by six o' clock you three! Tell Zuri that as well! See you soon!", Zariah waves.

"Yes ma'am!", Xarieliz, Zara, and Josiah responds.

The adolescent bunch waves goodbye, starting their school day, everyone gets ready for their first class.