4 (fluff)

Title: He Shoots, He Scores!

Posted on: Livejournal

Author: lizziepro

The amount of time Kim Jongin spent watching basketball games was probably an unhealthy amount, by physician and psychologist standards.

But the amount of time he spent thinking about Do Kyungsoo was about 20 million times more than that, and if his basketball love was unhealthy, he needed to be locked up asap for his Kyungsoo obsession.

Jongin wasn't much of a superfan, or anything, but he was more than addicted to watching the games. The players running up and down the court, like gazelles across the Saharan plains toward a lake for water to quench their gazelle thirst. He thought they moved so gracefully, just as if they were dancing to a song only they could hear. Jongin thought it was beautiful.

How anyone could be blind to said beauty of the game was beyond him, as he could never unsee the precision with which specific plays were run and followthroughs were made on free throw shots.

Kyungsoo on the other hand saw the players as nothing more than a gross mass of tall, large, sweaty men who looked as if they could kill him with a pillow and a chocolate bunny. How they would manage such with those particularly useless objects was not of importance at the moment, but it would be about like that if anything.

So why would it make sense for the majority of the dates Jongin took Kyungsoo on were school basketball games?

Well, Kyungsoo could thank his dear friend Byun Baekhyun for that one.

Baekhyun misled the cute, crush-ridden Jongin to believe that the boy of his dreams was a basketball fan just like him.

If this were true, then Jongin was the prime minister of Australia and Baekhyun's soon-to-be-boyfriend Chanyeol had never started a fire in his life.

"He really wants to go out with you, Jongin. Really! So just call him and set up a date already! You're already together, now have fun with it or something!" Baekhyun sipped on his mocha while Jongin wiped down the counter top. It was about 2pm, so the coffee shop Jongin worked at was pretty much dead, minus Baekhyun and the usual 2 or 3 girls sitting in the corner and staring craters into his back, only pausing their visual assault to giggle and cover their faces when Jongin would look over at them...more often than not on accident. He wanted nothing to do with them. He only wanted Kyungsoo.

Jongin leant forward on his elbows, "Yeah, we're together, but where the fuck would we even go on our first date? I've known him for 2 years now and I have no idea where to take him. I should know this by now! He just doesn't fucking seem like he really wants to go anywhere special, which makes it even more fucking difficult and just, ugh." His face fell into his hands on the counter.

Shortly after he felt a small pat on his shoulder, signaling him to face his friend.

"Bring him to a basketball game then." Baekhyun smirked. It wasn't a normal smirk though, but Jongin was too distressed to be able to tell the difference. Had he been coherent and not totally overwhelmed with shock and apprehension and confusion and just overall lovestruck-ness, then he would've noticed.