Cooperate

"Come on, David, watching you flirt with Jonah was the saddest thing I've ever seen." Ben cuts Rory and Devi off, and it almost looked like he was chasing them, "And I saw my dad run over our cat. You know he's gay, right?"

"Your dad or the cat?" Lorelai takes part and Ben rolls his eyes while watching her go away
"See you after Devi" she greets her with two kisses on the cheeks as they do in Italy

"An advice. Give up. Many great people have died virgins. You and the UN are in good company"
"You know what, you shouldn't call us the UN. It's racist, offensive and-"
"What?" Ben raises his eyebrows "Do you think it's a United Nations? No, we call you UN because you are unfuckble-nerds"
Maybe it's even worse, Dev thinks "Does Lorelai seems to you by chance ab unfuckble-nerd?" She raises her voice while pointing at the girl.
Il looks like the girl's talking to Ethan Morales next to her locker.

And for the first time, Ben actually looks at her. He looks at the length of her blond hair and the way they curl slightly at the end and how light is reflected on them as she moves them from shoulder to the other. The way her lips curl in a smile, the way her eyes fill with glow...

Taylor: "Earth to Ben!"

Oh well they're not talking anymore, and they're almost sucking each other's faces in while he's squeezing her waist. At this point, Ben finally looks away coughing slightly.
"Who's gonna fuck you, the people your dad pays for?" Devi turns around and sees her friend making out with one of their classmates "What the fuck?!" she 'screams' approaching them.

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

"Seriously, Ethan?!" Devi walks back and forth to her room
"You have to calm down." Lorelai says while lying down on her friend's bed
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because we're not together." the girl cuts short
"Wait- what? What do you mean? Just an hour ago I saw you almost doing it in the school hallway"
"I mean it's not serious and it won't be. We're just having fun."

Taylor: "Uhh you know you way around Lorelai!"

"Oh- okay cool okay" Devi nods "Today I will ask Paxton to have sex with me." she adds nonchalantly sitting next to the other girl

Taylor: "And you tell us now Devi?!"

Lorelai almost choked on her own saliva and widened her eyes "Paxton? Do you really want to ask him?"
Paxton Hall-Yoshida was the classic super popular guy from high school, wanted by everyone it seemed that he liked them all too, Rory noticed him every week with a different girl but probably it was never serious.

"Well yeah, I mean there's nothing wrong with making the first move while being a girl."

"No no, I agree with you. Come here," she raises her hand, high-fives as she smiles "Go girl" and winks

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

The next day at school was not so great, Shapiro explained the Second World War and Devi made a joke about the Nazis should have killed Ben, not considering that the boy is in fact Jewish...

Taylor: "It's a low blow, Devi."

Also, apparently, Devi actually had sex with Paxton, or at least that's what the girls figured out.
"Wait. I didn't see you guys talking so much at school." Fabiola says, "Isn't he just using you for sex and then ignoring you in public? It's disgusting!"

"Oh right! Sex...no our relationship is solid." Devi smirks
"Did he introduce you to his friends?"

"No, but..."
"That idiot! He's embarrassed!" she interrupts her
"I don't think that's the problem..."
"Believe me, this is it! I hate all men."

Taylor: "Ah I feel you Fab"

"Facts" says Rory to the statement of Fabiola "We know what kind of guy is Paxton, but whatever how was it?"
"It-was cool!" Devi replies looking between Eleanor, Rory and Fabiola
"Did it hurt?" Eleanor ask her
"Nah..."

Lorelai zoned out momentarily by the conversation because in the distance she sees a guy who seems to be Ben Gross
"Talking about men..." says Devi provoking a confused look from Ben

"Ben. It's all right?" Eleanor asks him as the boy rushes towards Lorelai

"If you don't mind it's a girls conversation but if you want to say your opin..." says Rory sarcastically but she is interrupted
"I am so sorry to interrupt your gossips but I should talk to Lorelai"
"All right, I'll be right back," she says, walking away with Ben, "What's going on?"

"Shapiro called me earlier and said we need to cooperate."
"Uh, it's gonna be hard, tell him i said that."
"Wait-" Ben stops her by grabbing her wrist, her skin feels soft under his fingers. Lorelai stops lowering her eyes to look at Ben's hand that holds her wrist, but immediately looks up crossing his blue eyes of "We have to work together for the history project"
"Us? I thought he paired me with Trent?"

Ben shrugs but realizes that he is still holding her wrist "I would have preferred to do it alone. I didn't want anyone to reduce the quality of my work," Ben says as if it was obvious

It's always the same "Ah i can't stand you" Rory rolls her eyes
"Shall we go to my house?"
"Okay." The girl nods as she walks away "I'll catch up with you after lunch"