Story 5: Power

The stench of burning metal and ozone hung heavy in the air

The stench of burning metal and ozone hung heavy in the air. Dalek Giratina, its casing reflecting the dying embers of a Cyberman city, surveyed the battlefield with grim satisfaction. Wrecked Cybermen lay scattered like discarded toys – their metallic limbs twisted and smoking, their cold blue optics forever dark. The Cybermen had dared to invade the Necrosphere, a realm of twisted shadows and broken realities that mirrored Giratina's own dark soul. A foolish mistake. Here, the very fabric of reality was Giratina's weapon, distorting and warping the Cybermen's technology, turning their supposed strengths into weaknesses.

But victory came at a cost. Giratina's casing was riddled with laser burns, its movements sluggish. Energy reserves flickered low, a red warning pulsing ominously within its single eyestalk. The Cyberman invasion, while ultimately crushed, had been a brutal war of attrition.

Suddenly, a metallic groan echoed from the smoldering ruins. A lone Cyberman, its form half-melted and sparking, dragged itself towards Giratina.

"You... will be... converted," it rasped, its voice a distorted metallic screech.

Giratina chuckled, a sound like grinding gears. "Conversion? You misunderstand, primitive machine. Here, in the Necrosphere, there is only... EXTERMINATON!" Giratina unleashed a blast of energy, but its aim was off. The weakened energy beam struck the Cyberman a glancing blow, sending it sprawling. The Cyberman twitched, then lay still. Giratina panted, its eyestalk flickering rapidly. This wasn't supposed to be this hard. These Cybermen were inferior, yet Giratina felt its own strength failing. The strain of manipulating the corrupted reality of the Necrosphere was taking its toll. As if sensing its weakness, the ground beneath Giratina began to ripple. Claws of twisted metal erupted from the earth, ensnaring its manipulator arm and lower casing. More Cybermen, their forms warped and grotesque by the Necrosphere's influence, emerged from the shadows, their blue optics glowing with a renewed, desperate fury.

"You... are... assimilated!" the lead Cyberman shrieked, its voice a cacophony of distorted metallic pronouncements.

Panic, a primal fear alien to most Daleks, surged through Giratina. To be dissected, its technology repurposed for the Cyber cause... The thought was intolerable. With a surge of adrenaline, Giratina overloaded its remaining energy reserves. The Dalek casing glowed ominously for a split second before erupting in a blinding flash. The force of the explosion tore through the corrupted ground, throwing the Cybermen back like ragdolls. When the dust settled, the metallic claws lay limp, their Cyberman operators disintegrated. Giratina, its casing scorched and smoking, stood precariously, its single eyestalk flickering erratically. It had won, but at a terrible cost.

A wave of dizziness washed over Giratina. Its damaged systems screamed in protest. With a final, guttural growl, the once proud Dalek crumpled to the ground, deactivated. Giratina lay inert amidst the ruins of the Cyberman city. The battle was won, but the victor lay broken. Whether it would ever rise again, a terrifying spectre in the twisted reality of the Necrosphere, remained to be seen.

"I...Survive... I will repair because.. I must warn the Universe about...

THE DOCTOOOOORRRR!"