A Visit From The Past

Alyssa's POV

"You've been pacing here and there for almost 5 minutes now, you good? I'm trying to sleep" Leo asked out of anything but concern

"This cannot be happening!" I ignored his question. "We have a problem."

"I don't think so...?" He seemed confused

Why is he so dumb?

"Beau's here. I have no idea why, and I don't want to see him but he's been here for almost 10 minutes and I just can't leave him for so long. It's not courteous, you know? But then, you know nothing about courtesy. I'm just not ready for him or anything that he has to say or..."

"Calm down!" He shut me up by covering my mouth with his hand. "You're ranting."

I bit his hand in annoyance

"Don't you ever tell a lady to calm down!" I wasn't mad at him. I was only confused about what to do.

"What do we do?" I asked

"I wouldn't know" he hissed in pain because I bit him

"What do you know?" I then realized that I hadn't apologized for biting his hand. "I'm sorry. Does it hurt a lot, crybaby?" I said trying to lighten the mood, pushing my perplexion aside

"Haha. That's funny" he sarcastically responded.

"But seriously though, what do I do?"

"Just go see him. Easy peasy. He can't hurt you in your own home" Leo said patting my shoulder.

"Come with me"

"I'd rather not. He's your ex, not mine"

I gave him a look before I quickly made my way downstairs to meet my...ex.

***

"Beauregard Johnson" I called as I walked to the receiving living room.

"Alyssa Brown" he responded, standing up from his seat

"Seems like you've forgotten, it's Alyssa Fisher now. I got married, remember?" I smiled. "You do know, you're in my matrimonial home, right?"

"My apologies, Mrs. Fisher."

I sat on the couch opposite his seat and he followed suit.

"Make it quick" I said impatiently, I couldn't wait for him to be out already.

"Oh come on, Lyss" he whines. "Don't you miss me too?"

"What? Why would I miss a cheating dickwad like you?"

"For the hundredth time, I'm sorry!"

"Get out of my house, Beau"

"Hold your horses, darling. I didn't come here to quarrel with you."

"What do you want with me?"

"Nothing much actually. Just a little request since you're so good at faking relationships"

"What are you talking about?"

"Your marriage. A little birdie told me about it's true nature. Now, I don't want-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there. What the hell are you talking about? I don't know who told you lies, but I do not have the time for this". I stood up, ready to leave, but I stopped in my tracks at the next sentence that came out of his mouth

"It's arranged, isn't it? Your marriage. Don't deny it, I know it's true and I have a copy of the NDA everyone was required to sign"

I turned to face him, "stop bullshitting yourself and get out".

"Come on, Lyss" he stood up walking towards me, "I'm not asking for too much. Just a few million dollars. You and that billionaire husband of yours can handle it"

"A few million? For what? I don't owe you anything"

"Ten million. Send it here. You have three days" he said as he dropped a piece of paper on the table. "I'll take my leave now"

The moment he walked out the door, Leo came in

"I expected anything but that" he said walking towards me

"What am I gonna do?"

"Dig deeper. He had a lot of change in his pocket while you were together, there has to be a reason why he's asking you for money"

"You're suggesting I look into him?"

"Yes. I'll hire someone to do the dirty work. He'll have everything on him in less than two days"

"Okay. Did you hear everything?"

"Yeah, why?"

"He claimed that someone told him and he has a copy of the NDA. The only people that have copies are people that signed it, your people, my people and the lawyers. Who could have told him?"

"Don't worry your pretty little head about that." He said, patting my head. We'll find the person when the time is right. For now, be wary of what you say to people"

"Okay"

"I have news. Lola send me the list of places we'll go for ‘operation reassuring the public'." He smiled

"The name sucks."

"Ow! You hurt me" he playfully touched his chest feigning hurt

"Where to tomorrow?"

"A movie theater. We're watching Jay Kelly's "Partnered Up"

As if one cue, Lola texts me with the insta caption for tomorrow's movie date.

"Watched JK's "Partnered Up" with my partner in crime!🤭♥️"

You guysss
I'm so sorry for late updates 🤧
I'll try to do better.

Till next time, enjoy this chapter 🙃