20: With Friends Like These..

The next night...

7:39 p.m.

m

Omniscient Celeste was out with her girls Tina, Latoya, and Shania, enjoying dinner and drinks at The Sugar Factory

Omniscient
Celeste was out with her girls Tina, Latoya, and Shania, enjoying dinner and drinks at The Sugar Factory. It had been a while since they'd stepped out for some girl time and as hard as it was to step away from Akira, she needed a break. Her daughter had been the reason she hadn't been around as much.

Celeste's parents adored Akira and spoiled her any chance they got. They always asked to get her. Celeste however didn't always budge because no one knew her child's health better than her, worried about her child's health and well-being more than her, and she didn't want to give anyone the opportunity to throw in her face that she was a mother who just ran off to go party and left her kid.

She wasn't shit in the girlfriend department but in the mother department, she was the best mother to Akira. Her child didn't need nor want for anything and as long as Akari was present in her life they'd have no problems. Akira was currently with him for the night. She'd gotten a chance to check out his place earlier today and had agreed to let their child stay with him for the weekend. However, she fought the urge to call him every five minutes to see how Akira was doing.

"So miss girl where's Akira tonight?" Shania asked after sipping her drink. Celeste eyed her as she stuffed her mouth with fries. Tina sat next to her in the booth seats as Shania and Latoya sat across from them in the chairs.

"With her daddy," Celeste said proudly with a smile, taking three more fries and dunking them in the ketchup before placing them in her mouth. "She loves her some him."

"And you do too," Shania said, sipping her drink.

"Do." Latoya agreed. "Girl I'm surprised you let him get her this early on when he was trying to deny her and was a deadbeat for months. He wasn't there for the pregnancy or the first few months of her life."

"Y'all must've had a great night last night if you let him get her," Shania smirked. Celeste laughed and shook her head.

Last night had gone well but not for the reasons her friends were thinking. Nothing had happened between the two of them and she'd gone to bed immediately after Akari had returned. She'd let him in and noticed that he seemed a bit upset about something. She figured it was about Akira's condition so she didn't question him about what was wrong.